Finally a bit of luck!

BobKowalski said:
Funnily enough I thought the opposite mainly because we need to get the Forest result out of the system and Pompey having lost Defoe and Diarra are in much worse shape then us at the moment so it was a reasonable opportunity to undo some of the damage and put ourselves back on track...

...obviously just me then!

I think most of us are finding it hard to shake the notion that we'd have been fairly well turned again over today. If Rob wasn't fit, there are no players left with any real creative spark (I discount Elano on the assumption that his head is reported to have disappeared up his own arse), we'd have been turned over. A blessing in disguise, I just hope there aren't too many blues on the way down there.

BobKowalski said:
Funnily enough I thought the opposite mainly because we need to get the Forest result out of the system and Pompey having lost Defoe and Diarra are in much worse shape then us at the moment so it was a reasonable opportunity to undo some of the damage and put ourselves back on track...

...obviously just me then!

When we get round to playing pompey they still won't have defoe and diarra, but we'll have SWP, Rob and Superman back, + 1 or 2 new signings probably

Their problems are long term whereas ours are only short

bad for the travelling fans, however a great break for the players. Hughes get stuck into the transfer market and players get a few days off. Players need time to re coup

berger1985 said:
Feel bad for the travelling blues but agree its a blessing in disguise!

tbh its pretty shocking that a premier league game gets cancelled considering how much prem teams recieve in league revenues

Enty said:
Don't think i'm the only one in thinking this postponement is a huge bit of luck for us, and about time too.

We now have an extra week to get new players in.....

Not sure how you work that one out ?

We already had an extra week, just finished, and we didn't use it.

Good that we might get a few back, but what we really need is to strengthen the squad with players that are not Bellendamy, or Santa for stupid money.

Enty said:
Don't think i'm the only one in thinking this postponement is a huge bit of luck for us, and about time too.

We now have an extra week to get new players in and for SWP and Robinho to get fitter. Bizarrely not playing today could be the kick start to our season we need!

Agreed and hopefully with us not playing in the cup in a fortnights time SWP will only now miss the Wigan game.

...clearly only me as well who thought we had a decent chance of a result against a demoralised Pompey!

Mind you I thought we would win against WBA so you are probabaly right with the 'lucky break' approach :)

I think we could have beaten Pompey today, but then again, they hadn't won in four....you know what happens when someone is looking to break a duck and they play City.

Bad news is, Stevie will miss the Wigan game now instead.

:(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.