Finally....most fans have worked it out.

Blue Mooner said:
Gelsons Dad said:
When did hughes become manager? and what has he been doing since then?

He took the club on towards the end of the summer with little time to sign players and the takeover hadn't gone through before the close of the window but he was able to sign Robinho who wasn't available and SWP - who had to go off early on. Ireland who has also been a revelation under Hughes stewardship also wasn't available.

Of the players he did sign who were on display Kompany was by far and away the best player.

Its clear that the good players with ambition are revelling under Hughes the others are clearly demonstrating they aren't able to be part of the new era.

Fair point, well made

moomba said:
Nothing is Hughes fault according to some. It was all someone else.

In one of his interviews yesterday Moomba he finally admitted he has his own shortcomings which anybody who has followed his managerial career would know he has and whilst he may have more years ahead of him in the caper I don't think he has done nearly enough to address them properly yet.

Anybody who objectively looks at some of his tactics / changes etc he has employed at key moments in games , positions he has played certain players this season knows he has made mistakes and crucial ones at that and by his own admission prefers to be deliberately distant from players on a daily basis outside the training drills which for many a player is not a good thing.

Decent players like Dunne and Richards don't become hacks overnight and while their may be factors outside football contributing to their drop in form , Hughes needs to address this constantly find out why and do something to change things for the better and you cannot do that by being distant and hoping things will correct themselves , it ain't rocket science but Hughes most likely lacks confidence in one on one situations. Sometimes lending an ear is a good way to start and while Sven was no master in that score or at least didn't come across that way he was prepared to give players his time.

No matter who he brings in this month if those frailties don't change for the better his own situation nor the situation of the squad will alter at all and if anything it will get worse.

You don't have to be one of the boys and you don't necessarily have to have WAGS on site all the time when their beaus are at the club but you need to strike a decent balance otherwise you will not survive in any job for any length of time.

Graeme Souness said:
Re the lack of Hughes out posts. Hopefully it's not the mods removing them, we've all realised that it is not all his fault.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I'M NOT PRO HUGHES. But at the same time, the spinless tw@ts that are supposedly professional footballers have been unmasked. It's the same old names I don't need to mention, (with the exception of Dunne, bless, thought he was a left winger at one point yesterday). The squad needs stripping to the core, regardless of whether it's Hughes or anyone else that spends the money.

Which brings me on to Hughes. Made mistakes in the past and left Bowen out to dry with Elano yesterday. He should have subbed him instantly, and publicly declared he won't play for City again. However, if we sack him, who do we get in? Mourinho has publicly said that he wants to win Serie A and Inter are top of the league, also wants to win La Liga. The only way Mourinho would come is in the summer. That leaves us with Rijkaard (No prem experience and created a similar situation at Barca), Martin Jol, (Doesn't float my boat), etc etc.

I don't think we have much choice other than to sit tight, realise the situation we are in, and support Hughes.....until the summer.

so let me get this: the relative absence of "Hughes out" threads prompted you to post a "keep Hughes" thread... you couldn't have just added to one of the ones already in existence, ffs???

as to Rijkaard. don't let's forget that he was the first Barca manager to beat Real twice at the Bernabeu, back to back La Liga wins, two Spanish supercups, and a Champs' League win before he "created a similar situation at Barca." even if i were sold on the idea that Rijkaard "created a similar situation at Barca" (i am most definitely NOT) that's a pretty good track record, much better record than Hughes has had in even his wettest dreams. also, if i'm not mistaken, Mancini's still available, he's got a decent track record as well.

that said, i do agree with you that the squad needs massive rebuilding, and is the larger part of the problem, and any manager would struggle with these slack turdbags to some degree.

Blue Mooner said:
Gelsons Dad said:
When did hughes become manager? and what has he been doing since then?

He took the club on towards the end of the summer with little time to sign players and the takeover hadn't gone through before the close of the window but he was able to sign Robinho who wasn't available and SWP - who had to go off early on. Ireland who has also been a revelation under Hughes stewardship also wasn't available.

Of the players he did sign who were on display Kompany was by far and away the best player.

Its clear that the good players with ambition are revelling under Hughes the others are clearly demonstrating they aren't able to be part of the new era
100% SPOT ON. YES I'M USING CAPS LOCK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.