Fine Margins, rub of the Green, and Shocking Officials

People need to stop blaming "luck" and "officials" . The brutal, honest truth is that our Manager is simply nowhere near good enough. He won two trophies with a team he inherited last season...if you want to talk about "luck" you could say he got lucky Liverpool fucked the season up so badly in the end.

He got found out big time this season. His formation, team selection, constant changes in the back 4 and his borderline lunatic substitutions at times make me seriously doubt his sanity.

Let's not even begin talking about the fact that he changed a team that had the best defensive record in the League to a team that ANY team can beat or about the fact that he obviously cannot motivate this team to anything anymore.

avoidconfusion said:
People need to stop blaming "luck" and "officials" . The brutal, honest truth is that our Manager is simply nowhere near good enough. He won two trophies with a team he inherited last season...if you want to talk about "luck" you could say he got lucky Liverpool fucked the season up so badly in the end.

He got found out big time this season. His formation, team selection, constant changes in the back 4 and his borderline lunatic substitutions at times make me seriously doubt his sanity.

Let's not even begin talking about the fact that he changed a team that had the best defensive record in the League to a team that ANY team can beat or about the fact that he obviously cannot motivate this team to anything anymore.

What are the stats vs Mourinho now? P10, W1, L7, D2? Not sure but it's something along those lines. I know some of the 10 have been managing Villareal, but even so the numbers don't make good reading.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The table never lies we are told on here many times.

Our inability to beat QPR, Stoke, Burnley x 2, Hull and now Palace has cost us 15 points this season....look no further!

We didn't get the rub of the green last night but neither did they at our place.

We can use whatever excused we like but the top and bottom of it is that the manager and players simply haven't delivered.

It basically evened itself out over the 2 games.

Yep, I must admit that even though it is the managers responsibility to fire up the team to the point where luck doesn't play a part, we have been having all sorts of baad luck, not scoring first is the main thing imo..... Typical game this season has been that we start off full of energy and miss miss miss fail fail but loads possession, then they score and our heads go down (Manager at this point should be keeping them going) and we lose..... Some of those early in the game chances could go either way, just like it did for Barca when they scored first, it dropped to jammy Suarez.... The other night both me and missus said Palace would score before they did, it's been the typical game this year.

I don't subscribe to this idea that we have to replace the whole team, we just need an old fashioned forward who scores lots of goals, we don't have anyone like that, someone who even when things are not good poaches a goal, we make enough shots, we just need someone to score them, (and it isn't Dzeko).

Yeah we didn't get the rub of the green against Palace , Burnley twice , West Ham
It's easy to blame the referee and linesman .
We shouldn't need help in getting a draw at Palace .

tramazi said:
Yep, I must admit that even though it is the managers responsibility to fire up the team to the point where luck doesn't play a part, we have been having all sorts of baad luck, not scoring first is the main thing imo..... Typical game this season has been that we start off full of energy and miss miss miss fail fail but loads possession, then they score and our heads go down (Manager at this point should be keeping them going) and we lose..... Some of those early in the game chances could go either way, just like it did for Barca when they scored first, it dropped to jammy Suarez.... The other night both me and missus said Palace would score before they did, it's been the typical game this year.

I don't subscribe to this idea that we have to replace the whole team, we just need an old fashioned forward who scores lots of goals, we don't have anyone like that, someone who even when things are not good poaches a goal, we make enough shots, we just need someone to score them, (and it isn't Dzeko).

How do you attribute not scoring first to being bad luck?

avoidconfusion said:

Pityful excuse.

mosssideblue said:
avoidconfusion said:

Pityful excuse.

Huh?

Chippy_boy said:
avoidconfusion said:

What are the stats vs Mourinho now? P10, W1, L7, D2? Not sure but it's something along those lines. I know some of the 10 have been managing Villareal, but even so the numbers don't make good reading.

How about W1 D2 L0 in the last 3.

mosssideblue said:
tramazi said:

How do you attribute not scoring first to being bad luck?

I think Barca is a good example, we were playing well against them until they scored through Suarez when the ball dropped at his feet, I think things would have been different had we scored during that opening period when we more than matched them..... But then same old thing, the players heads drop and they dont fight back with any belief, it's like they expected to get beat.

I have seen that happen a few times this year, Palace was the latest.

Nonetheless I expect the manager to overcome that and get the players fired up again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.