Finley Burns (Southend kid)

No but it obviously did for one person! I like the posts in this forum and you are one of the main contributors
Lol, I think you're mistaking me for Twosips or Nev, I just find this sub forum a suitable refuge from the main forum when things haven't gone to plan. I'd use 'Off Topic' more but it just gets plain weird down there sometimes and if I'm at work it's not usually appropriate ;)

Prove himself in a squad? Given the money paid he's obviously seen as better than what we have. 175K for a boy of that age is huge and to move from that far away the club will have all but guaranteed him a scholarship.

I watch them every week

Along with Chelsea they are the best u14 squad in the country. This team barely concede a goal and haven't done for years so yes he has to prove himself to become first choice .

It doesn't matter what he has been offered if he doesn't do it he doesn't start. Like any player he has to learn how to play with this squad first .

As I said leave him alone let him crack on and see how he does . Good luck to him . Personally I hope he turns out fantastic for the good of city but also the u14 squad .

It's a shame his name had to be published by the scummy press.

Last edited:
That's quite simply not true, as I said in my comment above. EPPP rules entitled them to £34,000.

Indeed ....I was approximating cat 1 compensation . However the point holds true if it's a reasonable value for a cat one player then it should be for any player a club has invested in .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.