Grenfell Tower block disaster

I think theres plenty of people on the far right, sorry I mean "classic liberals" who are absolutely dying to see charges brought to add more credence to their claims that freedom of speech is under attack. Literally no idea why their concern about freedom of speech only rears its head when it's about protecting those whose sole aim is needlessly offend others or promote an agenda that limits the freedoms of other people, but hey ho that's where we are at the moment.

I don't think any charges will be brought which seems correct. Sounds like they had reasonable expectation the video was being exchanged between a closed off group of like minded dickheads. They messed up though, it got out and now other people will have the opportunity to exercise their freedom of speech in return by calling them out for the hateful racist bastards that they are.
Bump. Charged
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47933951

Anyone know why Grenfell tower is still standing? Surely all the physical investigations to the tragedy have been completed despite the enquiry still being on going. I can't beleive for a second that they are going to renovate it and relet it? So why are the authorities keeping it up with it acting as a terrible reminder looming over the local area. Wouldn't it be best to just demolish it ASAP and put a memorial garden in its place?

Anyone know why Grenfell tower is still standing? Surely all the physical investigations to the tragedy have been completed despite the enquiry still being on going. I can't beleive for a second that they are going to renovate it and relet it? So why are the authorities keeping it up with it acting as a terrible reminder looming over the local area. Wouldn't it be best to just demolish it ASAP and put a memorial garden in its place?

Because the local council who should be pushing for this to happen ... Don't Care and never did .... is the correct answer and I claim my prize

Well the inquiry has released it's conclusions and they have put the onus on the actions of the LFB.

Somehow this doesn't seem a suprise, a lot of noise from that local government during the inquiry to nudge the findings that way.

The LFB action plans are directed by local authorities fire risk assesment.

Feels to me like LFB are being scapegoated for those that allowed, supplied and put up the unsafe clading in the first place.

All the deaths were a tradgedy that could possibly have been avoided if the FBUs recondmendations over high rises and fire safety hadn't been ignored year on year and local councils vetted what they were allowing to happen in these tower block refurbs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.