Grenfell Tower block disaster

Just heard a reporter on 5Live who lives about 400 yards from those flats. He said that recently the buildings had a fire inspection, and that the findings were that although the flats all had internal fire alarms, there was no communal one. He also said that advice given to residents was that if there was a fire, they were to stay in their accommodation. Some quite distressing reports on 5Live right now from an eye witness who was there on the scene.

There is a guy called Jodi on 5Live who lives close to the scene, and who went inside to help. He was at the scene for about an hour. He has some very harrowing eye witness accounts about people in the building. To be honest, it's not good to listen to, and I won't put on here what he's saying as it could upset people.

Shit, that looks awful. Hope they managed to evacuate everyone in time, although I imagine that won't have been easy given the time it started.

Shit, that looks awful. Hope they managed to evacuate everyone in time, although I imagine that won't have been easy given the time it started.
There's still live pictures with some poor bloke waving out of a window.

This looks horrendous, hope they've managed to save as many as possible. Apparently 500 people live in the flats :(

Oh dear - not good news. Many people unnacounted for. Terribly sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.