Fires in Javea, Spain

jay_mcfc

Really tough couple of days in Javea, Spain. It would appear, although not concrete at the moment despite two 15 year olds being arrested, that a team of arsonists have set, and continue to set fires in the Javea woodlands. It's about an hour south of Valencia and half an hour north of Benidorm. I see it's made the news over in the UK and it really is horrific. Every time they think that they have it under control another fire sets off in a different area. Thousands of people have been evacuated, more than 20 homes have been burnt to the ground as well as any number of vehicles and damage to wildlife.

Javea is a really popular tourist destination as well as being home to many Brits. I'm sure some Bluemooners have been there. Really sad and you just shake your head at the utter scumbags that have done this. Hopefully they'll get their comeuppance.

Been close to some really big fires when we lived over there. Rememeber one when the sky around us was glowing red, water planes and helicopters and 5 firemen died.Nieghbours were packing up ready to leave. Had ash falling on us. When those olive trees catch they really burn and when you're close it really is scary stuff. Most of the time they are started by careless farmers starting lots of small fires burning olive cuttings, getting pissed or whatever and leaving them unattended. The local town hall issues licences during the summer months stating what times you can burn, they tell you to cease at midday usually because of the warm breezes but the as in true Spanish style nobody, or at least most of the locals dont give a fuck.

Terrible - temperatures won't be helping either, my Mum and Dad are in La Florida and said it was 40 degree plus today.

Terrible - temperatures won't be helping either, my Mum and Dad are in La Florida and said it was 40 degree plus today.

It's been a relatively cool August until these past couple of days, now it's drier than bone so that won't be helping.

I'm hearing there are more fires starting up and as it's dark the planes and helicopters won't be back out until daybreak. Gonna be a long night for people in that area.

It's been a relatively cool August until these past couple of days, now it's drier than bone so that won't be helping.

I'm hearing there are more fires starting up and as it's dark the planes and helicopters won't be back out until daybreak. Gonna be a long night for people in that area.
Yeah I was over there the first and third week of August and it wasn't as baking as normal, though still warm enough. She sent me a picture of her thermometer today which was off the chart. Thankfully they're a fair distance away. Hopefully casualties and damages will be at a minimum.

If anyone is near there with info on villas on the Oscar Wilde road please can you let me know.

If you are near there I hope you are safe.

We've got some huge fires going on near me at the moment, most of them started by lightning, hope they catch those cunts over there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.