First Call Roofing Services

monkey-trousers

These two guys have just carried out repairs to my 80+ year old neighbours roof. They knocked on her door at dinner time today and told her that they had noticed that her chimney was going to "collapse at any time". They said that they had the afternoon free and could 'sort' it for her for £300. Stupidly, she took their word for it, so they got to work. Half an hour later, they told her that her ridge tiles needed pointing and while they were up there, they could do this for an extra £200.

None of the repairs needed doing, but three hours later, the two of them had finished and left with a cheque for £500. The reciept has no company address on it and no landline number just a mobile.

My neighbour has now realised that she has been ripped off and my wife has offered to take her to the bank first thing in the morning to try and stop the cheque, but the old girl is too frightened to do this, for fear of repercussion and just wants to forget about it. She's begged me not to tell her son (who doesn't live with her) what has happened.

Please be wary of these clowns. This happened in South Manchester.

Sorry! Rant over.

The word **** gets used to much these days but is pretty apt when it comes to describing these low life's.

monkey-trousers said:
These two guys have just carried out repairs to my 80+ year old neighbours roof. They knocked on her door at dinner time today and told her that they had noticed that her chimney was going to "collapse at any time". They said that they had the afternoon free and could 'sort' it for her for £300. Stupidly, she took their word for it, so they got to work. Half an hour later, they told her that her ridge tiles needed pointing and while they were up there, they could do this for an extra £200.

None of the repairs needed doing, but three hours later, the two of them had finished and left with a cheque for £500. The reciept has no company address on it and no landline number just a mobile.

My neighbour has now realised that she has been ripped off and my wife has offered to take her to the bank first thing in the morning to try and stop the cheque, but the old girl is too frightened to do this, for fear of repercussion and just wants to forget about it. She's begged me not to tell her son (who doesn't live with her) what has happened.

Sorry! Rant over.

Tell her son, stop the cheque. Tell the police.

There is no need to go to the bank btw. Call them and say this cheque was sent through the post to pay a bill and has not arrived. They will stop the cheque and most banks will not charge for a stop placed on a cheque lost in the post.

wayne71 said:
The word **** gets used to much these days but is pretty apt when it comes to describing these low life's.

Couldn't agree more mate. A couple of years ago she would have been wise to them and sent them packing. Makes me sick.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm --<br /><br />
80s Shorts said:
monkey-trousers said:

Sorry! Rant over.

Tell her son, stop the cheque. Tell the police.

There is no need to go to the bank btw. Call them and say this cheque was sent through the post to pay a bill and has not arrived. They will stop the cheque and most banks will not charge for a stop placed on a cheque lost in the post.

I want to do all of this, but her wish is to forget it. I've spent most of the evening trying to convince her that there will be no repercussions, but she is frightened. The more I tried to convince her, the more upset she became.

Seriously mate, needs to be reported before they scam more pensioners. Can be done anonymously if needs be here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ripofftipoff.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ripofftipoff.net/</a>
And here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/manchester/consumer.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/manc ... nsumer.htm</a>
I would happily kill scum like this.

You could always tell the cops that they threatened her and you are genuinely in fear of them coming back to do something nasty. They might then see if they can trace the phone number.

Or you could ring them and tell them that you're going to shoot them and see if you can entice them back to the house so you can have a baseball bat ready.

Or you could even call them and act dumb and say more work needs doing. (chances are they won't fall for that but if they're TGB's they might).

And if anyone from that firm reads this thread, I sincerely hope that you are all involved in a fatal road crash, or that you fall off a roof and break your neck and end up eating out of a straw. I'd like to say become a cabbage, but you already have the brains of one.

LongsightM13 said:
Seriously mate, needs to be reported before they scam more pensioners. Can be done anonymously if needs be here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ripofftipoff.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ripofftipoff.net/</a>
And here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/manchester/consumer.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/manc ... nsumer.htm</a>
I would happily kill scum like this.

You're right mate. I will get in touch with trading standards in the morning. Just wish she would let us stop the cheque. I'm pretty sure that they would realise that someone was on to them and they would stay well away. Thanks for the links.

It's not politically correct to say so, but families who attend weddings where the bride wears a massive dress are hugely over-represented in the official crime stats for this type of offence, and fleecing old people in general.
Not exclusively, of course, but a huge proportion compared to the general population.That is a recorded and substantiated fact.
No wonder the men usually want their faces obscured on the telly.

LongsightM13 said:
It's not politically correct to say so, but families who attend weddings where the bride wears a massive dress are hugely over-represented in the official crime stats for this type of offence, and fleecing old people in general.

I hope you're not talking about Jews.

LongsightM13 said:
Not exclusively, of course, but a huge proportion compared to the general population.That is a recorded and substantiated fact.
No wonder the men usually want their faces obscured on the telly.

Very eloquently put!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.