First City Goal You Saw Live

blue b4 the moon

As a follow-on from the best goal, got me thinking of where it all began for me.

Coventry at home, a Lee pen around March '71, can't remember if he missed one or it was taken twice.

Iv never been told excactly from my dad and i cant remember myself,but i have a feeling it was Neil Young circa 1968 as a 3 year old

The first one I can remember(I'd been to Maine rd before but can't remember) Paul Power against European champions Nottingham Forest in February 1981(Soon to be City bound Francis scored for them) Finished 1-1 and over 40'000 attended. The main thing that sticks out about the day was Joe Dolces shaddap ya face on the radio on the way to the game and my dad fucking the queues off for the kippax and going in the Maine stand.

I know my first game was v Leyton orient 1964, think it was 5-0 , no idea who scored, went almost every game that year, and the following glory years, think my dad had the bug. Took me to some away aswell.

Neil Young's first of his two equalisers against Leicester at Maine Rd, FA Cup 5th round March 1966, finished 2-2 and we won the replay 1-0 with Young getting the winner.

Possibly Goater v Blackpool. I think Bradbury and Tskhadadze scored too. First match in the third tier.

What a start...

City at home v Luton the week after the 5-1 in 1989. I think Oldfield, Brightwell and Bishop scored. I remember Kingsley Black scoring for Luton in front of me and Paul Cooper saving a pen too.

Think Oldfield scored the first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.