First Huntalaar, now Diarra...

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Thanx4Knives said:
He left Chelsea and Arsenal for first team football, when Real have a fully fit squad he wont get a look in cause he aint better than what they've got!!

I have to disagree. If you consider that their first choice central midfielder partnership is Guti and Mo Diarra (with Gago in the mix somewhere) then he is certainly better than those two clowns.
i think diarra will be about fourth choice behind Guti who is vice captain, Gago and De la Red. If however he is a starter i think we should go in for Ruben De La Red. He is a quality player.

Would you sign for City if Real Madrid wanted you?

You are talking about argueably the biggest football club in the world there .... and it's too good a chance for Diarra to turn down .... ask a chap called Beckham!

black mamba said:
Would you sign for City if Real Madrid wanted you?

You are talking about argueably the biggest football club in the world there .... and it's too good a chance for Diarra to turn down .... ask a chap called Beckham!
well said

TaylorWill07 said:
we didnt want huntalaar only some of ours fans did.

Do we want Diarra? or is it the papers tellin' us who we want.
Personally i couldn't give a fuck, if he ain't good enough for Portsmouth...... or indeed his previous clubs.

Well.... no more questions your honour

scorer said:
Hmmm now, who do I want to Join... Real Madrid or Manchester City??

Champions League football or at best Premiership football (maybe championship)

Am I in need of loads more money or will the Madrid deal set me up nicely enough....

Get the point.. we are not an attractive proposition at the moment to quality players, to the likes of RSC and Warnock we are the dogs bollocks... sinking in yet?

Ironic most posters said NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO to signing Diarra, I suspect most thought we would get him for about 5 million tops and then leave him on the subs bench, newspapers speak of 23m offered all of a sudden he is a great loss, destined to become as good as Makalele.

Not you my friend but some on here make me laugh. If he has gone to Madrid I believe he will make an impact

zeusbheld said:
TaylorWill07 said:
we didnt want huntalaar only some of ours fans did.

i'd read somewhere (Ajax sources) that we'd put a bid in on him, but he chose the royals.

If city really wanted Diarra then I'm sure we would of signed him up by now, with or without Real Madrids interest, as for Huntalaar im sure our only interest was sept 1st along with Madrid.
Money talks in the right situations and to be honest Hughes and Cook are quite right to walk away from deals where clubs are trying to drain money, with all due respect you don't mind paying a premium on Kaka or Villa but on Diarra and Santa-Cruz... I think not.
Fans need to realise that just because the Sun and BBC say it doesn't make it clear cut, they speculate just at much as anyone else, look at the telegraph... according to them John Terry will be in a city shirt soon! Get real we have our targets and will do the best to ensure we get them. Wait until the 1st Jan and you will see.

bizzbo said:
both cook and hughes were reported yesterday saying along the lines of 'we will pay, but if people think we are a gravy train, we will walk away'

as diarra has a history of asking for huge wages i can easily imagine what might have happened here, can't you?
triangulating between what i see in the papers and what H&C say, i'd imagine that their quotes in the papers were directed specifically at Diarra, and maybe RSC. i think our interest in these players is/was real, but i seriously doubt we rated Diarra so highly as to pay him stupid money. i suspect there are some players we would pay stupid money, though...

in other words, LOLZ @ the people thinking we've had it before the window has even opened.
reminds me of the posts in the summer about the imminent fire sale, about 24hrs before kompany zab and sweep turned up.

given ADUG's performance in their first 24 hours, i'd be surprised if Diarra was the only defensive mid we were looking at. i'd imagine a lot has been going on. no guarantee as to who we can sign of course.

Real Madrid and La Liga in general is not as attractive as it was a few years back. So if Manchester City were say in the Champions League they would beat Real Madrid to a world class player 7 times out of 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.