First in the CL Group

br88

The importance of coming top of the group is very clear.

Most probable first placers....Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund/Athletico, Real Madrid, Napoli/PSG/Pool, Porto and City.

Most probable seconds....Utd, Ajax, Lyon, Inter Milan, Schalke, Dort/Athl, Nap/PSG/Pool and Roma

I suppose Porto would be considered as the only good option for the second placed teams. And for us it would be best if Liverpool come second in their group as we would then not meet either PSG or Napoli.

Only need to avoid defeat against Hoffenheim so we should be fine. Quite fancy Inter Milan in the next round.

At first I thought you were taking about this little handcart...

640px-Mercedes-Benz_CL_500_Sport-Paket_AMG_%28C_216%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_2._April_2011%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

But then realised you were talking about the much more powerful FC equivalent.

Finishing 2nd from a relatively easy group doesn't bode well. If Liverpool and Spurs finish 2nd, our potential opponents are Ajax, Shalke, Roma and Atletico.

On our day we can beat any of
Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Porto, Ajax, Inter Milan, Schalke, Atletico, Napoli, PSG and Roma

On our day we can lose to any of
Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Porto, Ajax, Inter Milan, Schalke, Atletico, Napoli, PSG and Roma.

Not gonna get hung up on winning the group as every game after is 50/50 depending on the day(s)

Left lyon, rags and scousers off as we cannot draw them yet anyway

You think we will finish second?

I never thought we would lose to Lyon at home. Hoffenheim was a tough game, yesterday could have been any result. I presume there will be a few rotation for the Hoffenheim game after a 3 game PL week ending with Chelsea, so it could be any result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.