First international break what is your assessment of City and our rivals?

Agree with what's been said about City though I've been impressed with how fast we've scored on certain moves, with two and three passes instead of five or six. Bit surprised no one has mentioned Liverpool's defense, which I think has looked shakier this season than last. We got right at their flanks in the CS, though of course with Sane out we won't be as effective, and a couple of other sides have got right down the pipe against Van Dijk and beaten him if only briefly. I wouldn't have expected Liverpool to drop any points in their opening four fixtures anyhow. Seems clear it will be the two of us and it's too early to tell, but Liverpool's style will take a mid-season toll as it did last eyar. Every other side has looked dodgy for stretches in their matches thus far; can't see any threat to us and Liverpool but I can tell you the side the that worries me most -- Leicester City, who everyone will sit up and take notice of after they scorch the rags in two weeks at the swamp.

Looks like a 2 horse race again if we and Scousepool can maintain the current form. We should be top with 4 wins but for the robbery of 2 points against Spurs. Obviously injuries are becoming a concern. With players like Sane and Laporte looking like long term(ish) injuries it may enable Mahrez and others to get runs in the side and I would expect their level of performance to increase because of it.
Are we likely to see centre half's rotated for Carabou Cup games? Surely we cannot afford injuries to either of our remaining top line CH (Stones + Nico) and wont be risking them. Does this give Pep a chance to blood some of the younger lads who played in pre-season like Eric Garcia, Joel Latibeaudiere and Tommy Doyle etc?
Sergios goals at weekend were a thing of beauty - Ive watched them several times and they get better the more often you watch them! Im hoping he can stay fit all season and win the golden welly one again with 30+ goals. If he does we wont be far off mucho silverware again.

Surely the dippers are due for an injury to their top players and I don't mean Henderson or Milner I mean top players as in the front three and van dick.

hope liverpool or any team for that has no serious injuries , the football we watch now is streets ahead of what i imagined, but nobody has mentioned the so called red arrows (lol) arguing on saturday pressure between them showing this early

Will again be a cigarette paper between City and Liverpool in the mid to late-90s and it will probably come down to the head to head (praying there is no dodgy VAR). I think Spurs will settle but be some distance off, Chelsea and Arsenal will be fun to watch but let in loads, and what we've seen from United is what we will see all season: lots of false dawns followed by bad results and a civil war about how long Ole should get before he's put of his misery. Until Pep or Klopp leaves I can't see it being much different.

We’ve played some sumptuous stuff given it’s so early in the season and have done so without being fully fit or anywhere near fine tuned.

VAR aside we’d be top on GD now. So all in all a very good start.

The dips will be the main threat.

Chelsea will come good under Lampard and will finish 3rd.

Leicester will finish 4th.

The rest are uninteresting.

Utd will continue to be a right good laugh.

City:Continue under the Pep-Way slightly rusty but will become even better than last season
Liverpool: Continue the Klopp-Way still getting the luck but the second strongest team in the PL squad strength esp in key positions not proven as they have escaped serious injury in those positions
Chelsea: Could go either way hope Frank gets it right but I see a finish outside top 6
Arsenal: Look better than last season
Spurs: Look worse than last season and have got lucky in all their games
Rags: Agent Ole at the wheel doing a great job
Leicester: Top 6 for sure potential top 4
PiGMOL & PL: Got a new weapon to use against us, VAR

They do seem incredibly lucky from an injury perspective though.

From the matches of theirs that I've watched live over the last 2-3 seasons, they don't seem to receive anywhere near the number of bad challenges from the opposition as our players do. I might be wrong, as I usually turn their match off after they take the lead, and the opposition don't look interested.

Maybe the answer to their luck with injuries lies with the different styles we have. Although our beautiful football is varied we do use our world class midfielders where the action is, in the middle of the park. Hence why you see Merlin gets hacked down a few times each game. The vermin rely on marauding full backs and the long ball up to Salad and Mane to chase completely avoiding the midfield contact battles. As long as they stay physical fit enough to speed past their opponents they will tend to avoid injuries, unless they pull a hammy which hopefully we don't see happening....not :).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.