First Match Memories??? Help.

cityboy07

Hi guys, ive been given special allowence from ric to start this thread even though i have under 100 posts...

For my final year project at uni im doing a stage piece on why so many people attatche themselves to a football club... the passion that goes with the support and the obsession to go to matches...

i want to end the piece with a video that includes peoples memories of their first match... pretty much like the small paragraphs that you can see around level ones aisle.

so im asking fellow blues if they could post their first memories of there fist match, and the emotions and atmosphere they felt...

it would be greatly appreciated.

Cityboy

as far as i can remember my first game was a texaco cup game against oldham but dont remember to much about it other than keith macrae was in goal not big joe. my first proper game was against newcastle im pretty certain we won 4-0 and colin bell made his comeback that day{i might be wrong though} why city? cos from then on it was so addictive the atmosphere at maine road was always great and i suppose my dad was an ardent city fan.

1977 Maine Road city versus dirty Leeds
In the corner between the Kippax and the north stand with my dad and his mates, I was 7.
My memory says we won 2-0 but the stats say we lost 3-2.
I prefer my memory.
The day is a bit of a blur to be honest, but afterwards remember thinking i have to go again.

First match was Sunderland last week. Remember it was 5-0, not sure who scored the goals coz I'm not familiar with their names yet. Managed to get a semi-final ticket too! ;-)

1992/93 City vs Coventry I was 4 years old it ended 0-0 and Andy Dibble played a blinder, I remember it being around that time as seats hadn't been introduced yet and I was sat on my dads shoulders, we walked away disappointed but I remained loyal to City not just because of my dad but because even though we were getting battered for the majority of the game it was incredible seeing City fans still at full volume the atmosphere really put things in perspective for me at that age as people were just singing and talking with other people they didn't know as if they had known them for years.

City to me wasn't just a football club it was a family.

Ashley Boucher

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
1992/93 City vs Coventry I was 4 years old it ended 0-0 and Andy Dibble played a blinder, I remember it being around that time as seats hadn't been introduced yet and I was sat on my dads shoulders, we walked away disappointed but I remained loyal to City not just because of my dad but because even though we were getting battered for the majority of the game it was incredible seeing City fans still at full volume the atmosphere really put things in perspective for me at that age as people were just singing and talking with other people they didn't know as if they had known them for years.

City to me wasn't just a football club it was a family.

Bloody hell!!! .. You had a sense of perspective at 4 years of age??? Some of the older ones don't even have that now!

cheers guys could you put ur names along with your memories too if you dont mind...

Hi cityboy, can I say good luck with your project, we hope you come back and let us know how you get on with it.

My 1st game was in November 1960 when on off my Uncles took me to Maine Road to watch City play Blackburn Rovers and we won 4-0 so that got me hooked on City. In them days most people used to go to Maine Road one week with their friends and the following week then go to Old Trafford, but even though I was going to Old Trafford aswell, City was my club, so I had to take some stick when we got relegated in 1963 along with Leyton Orient.
I was also at a school that had a big United following because Nobby Stiles, Brian Kidd(who i used to play football with) and the Headmaster Laurence Cassidy played for United. I remember in 1963 Nobby Stiles came to the school to talk to the pupils and he even asked me why I supported City, so I said one day they will be better than United, even he laughed at that, well he won't be laughing much longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.