First time buyer

kinkladze10

Saved up some cash for a deposit, spotted a decent newish apartment going for 60k all Im going to do is rent it out. How much deposit will I need, where is the best place to go bank,mortgage company? Mortgage type? I have no idea where to start, Obvioulsy it's a big decision and I don't want to jump into something which is shit because I have done no research. Any help would be much appreciated.

Haha I live at home (only for the last year or so) I want it mainly as an investment. I'm then going to try to save another deposit.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:03 am --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
Money supermarket will give you the latest deals on mortgages

You have to pay a bigger deposit and a higher rate of interest with a buy to let

Just been on there reading up, so if I have to pay more for a buy to let. Could I just get the mortgage and say I'm going to live in it, then after a couple of months just rent it out?

It isn't illegal

BUT

They could foreclose on the mortgage of they found out or at least move your mortgage to a BTL one.
Don't forget you get tax relief on the interest payments of a BTL mortgage.You won't get it on a mortgage for a place you live in.

I think you can 'live in it' for a few months to prove that you can afford to pay the mortgage if u didn't have a tenant and then ask the mortgage company if you can rent it out.

You'll probably need 25% for a buy to let mortgage and some mortgage companies have a lower limit of what they lend I.e. £70k in some instance I think

Read this and take heed:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1596759/Ten-tips-buy-let.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mort ... y-let.html</a>

kinkladze10 said:
Saved up some cash for a deposit, spotted a decent newish apartment going for 60k all I'm going to do is rent it out. How much deposit will I need, where is the best place to go bank,mortgage company? Mortgage type? I have no idea where to start, Obviously it's a big decision and I don't want to jump into something which is shit because I have done no research. Any help would be much appreciated.

my advice, don't do it, buy a terraced house instead.

de niro said:
kinkladze10 said:
Saved up some cash for a deposit, spotted a decent newish apartment going for 60k all I'm going to do is rent it out. How much deposit will I need, where is the best place to go bank,mortgage company? Mortgage type? I have no idea where to start, Obviously it's a big decision and I don't want to jump into something which is shit because I have done no research. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would agree with that.

de niro said:
kinkladze10 said:

i'd agree with this
there are plenty of empty flats, and they only appeal to a small part of the market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.