Fitness help?

njmcfc1894 said:
[Get paid NYE so gonna stock up on fruit / veg etc plus chicken but is pasta good or bad? I do like it with Chicken and sauce, i dont do takeaways and got rid of chocolate/crisps etc
Think of pasta as an alternative to potatoes, bread and rice. You don't need to cut it out, by any means. Try a rule of thirds - third protein, third veg, third carbs - on your plate. And cut the portions. Your stomach is only about the size of your fist when empty, although will stretch to one to three litres of food (according to Wikipedia).

Try using myfitnesspal or a similar app, I'm sure there are plenty about. It helped me to track what I was eating and where I was going wrong, in time you start to know what are good meals and adjust your eating accordingly. Reading back my advice above, it seems a bit blunt, but I was pushing on for 17 stone a few years back and sorted myself out by first of all learning what I was eating, improving that and then gradually becoming more active, as above it may be better to walk at first depending what fitness level you're at. The first run I went on, I was fucked after about 1/2km and my feet and legs were numb at about 1km, but I kept at it and easily and regularly run between 10km and 20km with no problems and am now generally between 10 1/2 and 11 stone.

ChesterRdBlue said:
Try using myfitnesspal or a similar app, I'm sure there are plenty about. It helped me to track what I was eating and where I was going wrong, in time you start to know what are good meals and adjust your eating accordingly. Reading back my advice above, it seems a bit blunt, but I was pushing on for 17 stone a few years back and sorted myself out by first of all learning what I was eating, improving that and then gradually becoming more active, as above it may be better to walk at first depending what fitness level you're at. The first run I went on, I was fucked after about 1/2km and my feet and legs were numb at about 1km, but I kept at it and easily and regularly run between 10km and 20km with no problems and am now generally between 10 1/2 and 11 stone.

That's brilliant mate - and should hopefully inspire anyone trying to take that first, most difficult step to a fit and healthy life.

Good on you or indeed anyone who makes a decision to jack in the easy life and get fit.

It takes a massive commitment, but if you stick to it and you see the fruits of your labour, you will in time, see choccie, crisps, ale, etc as treats, rather than the norm.

No one is asking you to live as a monk. Having a blow out once every 4-6 weeks is good for you, but make sure that you are back on the plan the following day.

I couldn't afford the gym fees, so for less than 2 months fees, I bought a set of dumb bells on eBay for about £40 and a pull up bar from Asda for £12 and now do P90x in the dining room ( and it is a small dining room at that!)

I don't know what your commitments are, but it is 60-75 minutes a night, 6 nights a week, for 90 days.

***EDIT***
njmcfc1894 SENT YOU A PM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.