Fitness of our top players..

Mattyc55

So, after seeing us play quite poorly today are we all concerned by both the fitness and sharpness of the majority of our first eleven? Especially in terms of our defence and leader Vinny.

Or do you think it is being overplayed and a long full week of training will be adequate to get us ready for the start of the season?

Thought this warranted its own thread considering a lot of posters are discussing it in the pre/post match threads.

The more unfit we look in the Community Shield the fitter we look the following week

I can't decide if they looked tired today or were just saving themselves from getting injured!?!?

I think we do look off the pace. As pre season progresses you should start to see the sharpness return but not seeing it so far. Liverpool destroyed Dortmund today whilst we haven't really impressed in any games far, the Milan score was because they were dire.
My worry is we have too many players who haven't had any pre season action and we really can't afford to.go through the first couple of weeks of the season with a makeshift team

didsburyblu said:
I think we do look off the pace. As pre season progresses you should start to see the sharpness return but not seeing it so far. Liverpool destroyed Dortmund today whilst we haven't really impressed in any games far, the Milan score was because they were dire.
My worry is we have too many players who haven't had any pre season action and we really can't afford to.go through the first couple of weeks of the season with a makeshift team

I agree, thought we looked good in the first half against Liverpool though.

Definitely cant afford to start without the likes of Vinny, Zaba, Yaya and Silva in good condition though I totally agree.

I do wonder if kompany and Aguero will start against Newcastle. If they do are they at risk of muscle injuries as they haven't had any game time yet? Any physios on here that can shed any light?
These two have had persistent muscle injuries to a specific area. Are they at risk?

Then again, when a player returns to action mid season he doesn't have any games to use as practise. I'm interested to hear from someone with knowledge in this area as to how important pre season game time is.

I can't remember a pre season where our players seem to be in advance of the opposition at this stage, but it is not important the important thing is whether at the end of the season we are fitter and still on our feet. Arsenal always seem to start with a bang as does Chelsea and may I say it the rags. The season is a long haul not a sprint, if it was, the Dippers and Arsenal would have shared the title between them because they always seem to do well in the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.