Fixed penalty notice....3 points

If the speed was quoted at 37mph your speedo would have been at least 40mph, and you knew the camera was there!

I'm not justifying speeding but get to know the law. There are many types of camera, for example a gatso isn't type approved to get you front facing etc. There are always challenges if you read up on the regs. Half of the old school gatso's have no film in because it's too expensive. Road markings etc, can all have an influence.

I use a dash cam with an inbuilt radar and it picks up many cameras before it's too late, even mobile ones.

I've long argued that the speed limit in the UK is too low. Our attitude to driving isn't open and the worst drivers are the slow ones, imo, because they're frightened to fuckin death of the road.

There are some dicks who go to quick, that's because they're brain dead half wits who have no fuckin road sense. They are the ones that kill.

The best drivers are the quickest ones, ask Lewis Hamilton.

Apart from when he crashed his Pagani Zonda into a stationary car.

If the speed was quoted at 37mph your speedo would have been at least 40mph, and you knew the camera was there!

I'm not justifying speeding but get to know the law. There are many types of camera, for example a gatso isn't type approved to get you front facing etc. There are always challenges if you read up on the regs. Half of the old school gatso's have no film in because it's too expensive. Road markings etc, can all have an influence.

I use a dash cam with an inbuilt radar and it picks up many cameras before it's too late, even mobile ones.

I've long argued that the speed limit in the UK is too low. Our attitude to driving isn't open and the worst drivers are the slow ones, imo, because they're frightened to fuckin death of the road.

There are some dicks who go to quick, that's because they're brain dead half wits who have no fuckin road sense. They are the ones that kill.

The best drivers are the quickest ones, ask Lewis Hamilton.

Arrogant post of the year.

Fella that's nonsense

Your radar is picking up the signal that is hitting your car
It is picking it up, but if you are speeding it is too late

I had a Road Angel device that was the same. It warned of fixed camera locations and of well known mobile speed trap areas and also went to red alert when it picked up a mobile camera that was focused on me. But if the camera is already on you and checking your speed it's too late

Depends what camera you use.

I received a fixed penalty notice for speeding and a £100 fine.....2 miles an hour over the permitted limit !

Anyway I have to surrender my license to them and pay the fine on line.

I am on driving holiday to France next month. Does anyone know how long they keep the license for before they return it ?

Cheers all...Tony

You don't get the paper part back anymore... everything is done on line

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes

Old feckers. Those that say they’ve been driving for 137 years and never had a ticket. They omit to say they’ve seen dozens in their rear view mirror.

I received a fixed penalty notice for speeding and a £100 fine.....2 miles an hour over the permitted limit !

Anyway I have to surrender my license to them and pay the fine on line.

I am on driving holiday to France next month. Does anyone know how long they keep the license for before they return it ?

Cheers all...Tony
It’s ‘licence’.

You only put an ‘s’ in it if:
1. You are American or Canadian.
2. You are deploying a verb, such as ‘licensed’ or ‘licensing’.

You are very welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.