Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Nottingham Forest (H)

September
Aston Villa (A)
Tottenham Hotspur (H)
Wolves (A)

One's already been picked - seven others to be decided this week (Tuesday 5th July - if PL sticks to their own published dates). Normally would see a fair few staying at Sat 3pm and not be picked for TV. Forest game is mid-week night game. Spurs is the only one surety that'll move for TV.

Generally TV companies have left us alone early on in the season except when against a top six team (to make sure they have enough of ours left towards the back end of the season when we're likely to be involved in title race - there's a no. they need to show all teams per season so they use that early on to showcase games between smaller sides then later focus on bigger teams).

BUT having said all that, the signing of Haaland, a true global star already, is bound to change that this season. I expect BT Sport to be picking one of ours early on as ITV would have showcased him in Community Shield and Sky has our first PL game so they'd want in on some Haaland action as well ... won't be surprised if Sky want another one of ours (and on Monday Night Football) so they can discuss him v Nunez at Liverpool in that or something ... anyway, we'll find out in a couple of days now.

Perfect ... first two home games (Bournemouth and Palace) remain at Sat 3pm ... Calendar updated on Page 1!

Forest moving from 8pm to 7.30pm is a fuckin' ballache.

Means an hour from the house to the ground after getting the kids to bed instead of an hour and a half!

Forest moving from 8pm to 7.30pm is a fuckin' ballache.

Means an hour from the house to the ground after getting the kids to bed instead of an hour and a half!
i finish work at 6.30pm.so unless i use an holiday which i don't wanna do,its straight out,straight down,sober.
next 2 days are days off for me that week too !

i finish work at 6.30pm.so unless i use an holiday which i don't wanna do,its straight out,straight down,sober.
next 2 days are days off for me that week too !

Seems like such a pointless change, not sure why it’s been done?

And as usual the fixtures may be changed because of CL games so why do they fucking bother in the first place. Wolves game may be changed if we have an away game in CL prior. In fact knowing there are CL games why do broadcasters make a CL team play the 12.30 slot in the first place. They could have chosen the Brighton v Palace game for that slot. And of course Chelsea, murderers get the Sunday slot after the CL games that week giving them an extra day to prepare whilst we potentially receive less time. Spurs have the 5.30 Saturday slot which is better as well. Season's agenda is already underway...

Seems like such a pointless change, not sure why it’s been done?
That’s a midweek when BT show every game (four Tuesday, five Wednesday and Leicester v the rags on Thursday). Kickoff times staggered on the Tuesday and Wednesday to maximise viewing numbers.
When this happened last season, we were in the later kickoffs each time so I guess we were due an earlier one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.