Fixtures Calendar | Latest Update - Pg 28 (and Pg 1)

From the above, it is clear that unless City take an early exit from the FA Cup or the Champions League they will have four mid-week slots with five matches to fit it.

The free slots will be:

16/17 February
2/3 March
20/21 April
14/15 May

The matches include:

Everton A (Postoned 28 December)
Southampton H (EFL Final 24 April)
Wolves H (FA Cup QF 20 March)
Villa A (FA Cup SF 17 April)
Brighton A (FA Cup F 15 May)

The only options will be:

Before International Break (23/24 March)
Post Season (25/26 May)

So what happens if there are any more call-offs? It is likely that this will happen. There may even be a circuit-breaker gap which is being talked about in certain government circles. It wouldn’t surprise me if the French Government halt their season. The rate of infections in Germany, particularly Bavaria could cause issues there

So if, the almost inevitable happens, the only options will be to either dump the European Championships or cut the season short.

I would go for the first option.

From the above, it is clear that unless City take an early exit from the FA Cup or the Champions League they will have four mid-week slots with five matches to fit it.

The free slots will be:

16/17 February
2/3 March
20/21 April
14/15 May

The matches include:

Post Season (25/26 May)

So what happens if there are any more call-offs? It is likely that this will happen. There may even be a circuit-breaker gap which is being talked about in certain government circles. It wouldn’t surprise me if the French Government halt their season. The rate of infections in Germany, particularly Bavaria could cause issues there

So if, the almost inevitable happens, the only options will be to either dump the European Championships or cut the season short.

We'll play 4 games a week before either of those are considered. We'd probably play 7 games in a week before those were considered - too much money at stake.

Tottenham played Sunday Tuesday Thursday Sunday earlier in the season (twice in fact). We would have to do something similar.

Its not necessary at the minute though and there's no guarantee we will continue to progress in each competition either, so may not be an issue anyway.

The free slots will be:

16/17 February
2/3 March
20/21 April
14/15 May

The matches include:

Post Season (25/26 May)

We'll play 4 games a week before either of those are considered. We'd probably play 7 games in a week before those were considered - too much money at stake.

Tottenham played Sunday Tuesday Thursday Sunday earlier in the season (twice in fact). We would have to do something similar.

Its not necessary at the minute though and there's no guarantee we will continue to progress in each competition either, so may not be an issue anyway.

Well there’s 6 mid weeks clear till the end of season ... 4 clear ones and 2 more if we are allowed to use when other CL round of 16 ties are being played, not ours obviously ...

We already have two postponed games (Everton and Saints) ... so if we anticipate an all the way FA Cup run and we should then we should ideally leave those last three midweek free slots for those last three rounds of FA Cup ... and use the first available three (including the CL R16 midweeks) to schedule those two that are already postponed ... issue with Southampton is since it wasn’t due till end April, it will need special dispensation by the league to pre-pone it and hold it earlier ... given the season and how things are only makes common sense that we play ASAP whatever is pending as in future even if cup run doesn’t materialise there could be other Covid related postponements ... but then when have the league shown common sense in the past that they would now?

I’m just hoping someone reads this thread and shows the calendar to someone where it matters ... I’d be very worried and surprised if City and Pep don’t already have a similar calendar of their own already on their wall and I just hope they’re banging PL and FA and whoever’s doors every day to get the postponed games rescheduled in the earliest possible slots (get that permission from UEFA to play in those round of 16 mid weeks) and not get to a situation where we end up having to play 4 games in a week - because they will make us without doubt like they already have Spurs twice this season ...

A similar calendar by Spurs fans of their fixtures is doing rounds on social media (which made me put all our fixtures together and make this) and they already anticipate a further two such weeks (4-games-a-week) given their current postponements and their Europa league commitments.

I am concerned whether the villa match will go ahead next Wednesday . Allegedly they have already asked for the postponement of Sundays game v Neverton

The free slots will be:

16/17 February
2/3 March
20/21 April
14/15 May

The matches include:

Post Season (25/26 May)

If the situation in Europe stays bad I could see the CL being called off

Well there’s 6 mid weeks clear till the end of season ... 4 clear ones and 2 more if we are allowed to use when other CL round of 16 ties are being played, not ours obviously ...

We already have two postponed games (Everton and Saints) ... so if we anticipate an all the way FA Cup run and we should then we should ideally leave those last three midweek free slots for those last three rounds of FA Cup ... and use the first available three (including the CL R16 midweeks) to schedule those two that are already postponed ... issue with Southampton is since it wasn’t due till end April, it will need special dispensation by the league to pre-pone it and hold it earlier ... given the season and how things are only makes common sense that we play ASAP whatever is pending as in future even if cup run doesn’t materialise there could be other Covid related postponements ... but then when have the league shown common sense in the past that they would now?

I’m just hoping someone reads this thread and shows the calendar to someone where it matters ... I’d be very worried and surprised if City and Pep don’t already have a similar calendar of their own already on their wall and I just hope they’re banging PL and FA and whoever’s doors every day to get the postponed games rescheduled in the earliest possible slots (get that permission from UEFA to play in those round of 16 mid weeks) and not get to a situation where we end up having to play 4 games in a week - because they will make us without doubt like they already have Spurs twice this season ...

A similar calendar by Spurs fans of their fixtures is doing rounds on social media (which made me put all our fixtures together and make this) and they already anticipate a further two such weeks (4-games-a-week) given their current postponements and their Europa league commitments.
Yeah Tottenham have it worse than us because they're in the Europa which means two extra games as you've said.

I think UEFA will acknowledge the difficulties domestic leagues face and not block any fixture clashes, but I'd imagine there might be a compromise of us kicking off at 6pm those weeks so not to cause a direct clash with UCL games at 8pm. They want their Euros and Champions League to take place as planned.

Yeah Tottenham have it worse than us because they're in the Europa which means two extra games as you've said.

I think UEFA will acknowledge the difficulties domestic leagues face and not block any fixture clashes, but I'd imagine there might be a compromise of us kicking off at 6pm those weeks so not to cause a direct clash with UCL games at 8pm. They want their Euros and Champions League to take place as planned.
I think this rule ended a few years ago, City played Stoke on a champions league night from memory.

The best and most logical decision football can take all around is to cancel Euros, it’s already been cancelled one year, cancel this year too ... maybe play next summer as a prelude to the winter World Cup ... but cancelling that this year would mean all leagues and Champions Legaue and Europa can just finish ... if not as original plan then they have the option to stretch the leagues out to summer ... that should also cancel the stupid international break in March and give everyone a couple of more possible gameweeks to fit in ... if then things get worse and they have to pause seasons then CL and EUropa can happen like mini tournament over summer like last year ... but then common sense isn’t all that common especially amongst footballing suits.

I think this rule ended a few years ago, City played Stoke on a champions league night from memory.
The rule isn’t around playing, it’s around playing on Live TV while CL games are being broadcast too ... something to do with the Uefa and their broadcast agreements demanding exclusively over their competition and thus excluding/prohibiting any participating leagues to show their league or cup games at the time ... no wonder CL can dish out such big prize money and has hefty broadcast deals ... so playing won’t be an issue but all games are on TV these days so that would be what would require City and the other team to first ask PL who will then ask UEFA who will then ask their broadcast partners (around the globe, not just the UK one) and then allow it back ... very difficult I think as we know how TV companies are ... they’d want rebates and then when UEFA is asked for money you know where it’ll end.

The rule isn’t around playing, it’s around playing on Live TV while CL games are being broadcast too ... something to do with the Uefa and their broadcast agreements demanding exclusively over their competition and thus excluding/prohibiting any participating leagues to show their league or cup games at the time ... no wonder CL can dish out such big prize money and has hefty broadcast deals ... so playing won’t be an issue but all games are on TV these days so that would be what would require City and the other team to first ask PL who will then ask UEFA who will then ask their broadcast partners (around the globe, not just the UK one) and then allow it back ... very difficult I think as we know how TV companies are ...
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...ay-games-on-champions-league-nights-1.3032723
I don't think that's the case anymore. The link is from 2017 when I think it changed. I'm certain it's happened fairly recently that the premier league was on sky whilst an English team played in the Champions League.

There may well be a sort of Gentleman's agreement that the matches dont happen at the same time where possible still though, but this wouldn't stop getting the Everton and Southampton game played on champions league nights.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.