What City Need To Win The WSL/Bristol City (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads:

I think +7 is a pretty decent gap to have opened up given where the GD was at a few weeks ago, but I agree it could quickly evaporate as Chelsea could easily put 5 or 6 past Bristol and/or Liverpool.

Things working slightly in our favour are that they play United and Liverpool both away who are both fighting for fourth. There's no European place for fourth but I think i think grabbing that spot means a lot to both clubs nonetheless. Would be embarrassing for United to slip behind Liverpool and a massive achievement for Liverpool to top United.

Our match against Arsenal is the tougher than any match Chelsea have left but they can't finish higher or lower than third now so I'm hoping they will be somewhat on the beach. Whilst I dont think they'd throw the match or anything, I dont think there's any great appetite for them to see Chelsea win the league and all of the Arsenal womens fans I know genuinely want us beat them this weekend.

On the flip side, even though it could mean handing the title to us, I think United will be doing all they can to stop Chelsea on the last day of the season. They want to finish as high as they can and I think they'd take great satisfaction in leaving Emma Hayes potless this season. I think United and their fans would really enjoy ending the season by wrecking Emma Hayes' swan song. Especially as the FA cup game got quite spicy.
Completely agree that MUFC will not lie down for Chelsea.
The MUFC manager is an arrogant little toe-rags, who must be under pressure if they finish 5th, behind Liverpool ?

Completely agree that MUFC will not lie down for Chelsea.
The MUFC manager is an arrogant little toe-rags, who must be under pressure if they finish 5th, behind Liverpool ?
The game is at Old Trafford too I think. It's a great opportunity to make some memories and play a part in what could be a hugely memorable finale to the WSL season.

Just thinking ahead to this arsenal game at home on Sunday, I think the squad and manager will be extremely fired up and out for revenge after the defeat in the reverse fixture in November.

Just had a look at the video interview with Taylor embedded in this match report; he’s not holding back on his comments about their manager, let’s put it like that…

Just thinking ahead to this arsenal game at home on Sunday, I think the squad and manager will be extremely fired up and out for revenge after the defeat in the reverse fixture in November.

Just had a look at the video interview with Taylor embedded in this match report; he’s not holding back on his comments about their manager, let’s put it like that…

Win this and we can't be caught! Three cheers for Agent Bonnner, HIP HIP . . . . . . . !

Win this and we can't be caught! Three cheers for Agent Bonnner, HIP HIP . . . . . . . !
We can!

If we lose 1 and win 1 game and Chelsea win all 3, we are tied on points. However, losing 1 game lowers our GD, and them winning 3 has to raise theirs.

While the GD is 8 goals, which sounds a lot, given a City loss could change it by 2 or 3 goals and 3 Chelsea wins gives them at least +3 better than they already have, that makes the GD VERY TIGHT INDEED!

City need to win, by as many goals as possible, to make the Chelsea job almost impossible. Beating Arsenal SHOULD make even a loss on the last day not enough to lose the title, but with their 3 games to go, a big GD turnaround could mean we need two results and can’t afford a loss!

Last edited:
We can!

If we lose 1 game and Chelsea win all 3, we are tied on points. However, losing 1 game lowers our GD, and them winning 3 has to raise theirs.

While the GD is 8 goals, which sounds a lot, given a City loss could danger it by 2 or 3 goals and 3 Chelsea wins gives them at least +3 better than they already have, that makes the GD VERY TIGHT INDEED!

City need to win, by as many goals as possible, to make the Chelsea job almost impossible. Beating Arsenal SHOULD make even a loss on the last day not enough to lose the title, but with their 3 games to go, a big GD turnaround could mean we need two results and can’t afford a loss!
Yer know what, I'd made the assumption that we were gonna see West Ham off on the last day. I've been sucked into a false sense of security!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.