Flight 12 Champions League Final

If something could go wrong then on this trip it did! Bit of a rough landing to start but that was just the tip of the iceberg.Flight cancellation , queuing for an hour for a shuttle bus journey of 20 metres, sitting on a coach for well over an hour to go to a hotel that took over two hours to check in (nearly time to check out by then!!) and finally being told that the bording will be 1745 for my flight that’s departs at 1715! Result aside it was a great trip and brought back fond memories of away days that went wrong.Flight 12 blues you know who you are!!!
Looking forward to more trips next season-what could possibly go wrong?
As a fellow ‘Flight 12’ survivor you really couldn’t write it! Looking back some surreal moments, particularly the ladies that when entering their allocated rooms at around 6 am at the holiday inn were confronted with people already in bed!!!
Then coaches taking us to airport with Chelsea signs in window and flags inside... all destroyed by fellow blues before boarding..!!
Thinking of having t shirts printed for fellow survivors... having something mocked up next couple of days for anyone interested as badge of honour for future away days.
Anyone interested let me know... can fellow survivors let friends know, post on other sites for me please!

Couple of friends were on that flight. The hourly expletive ridden texts from them were great! Proper cheered me up when I switched my phone back on upon landing half an hour late. I haven’t seen or heard from them yet and don’t think I will mention my amusement next time we’re hoping to use their apartment in Tenerife;)

As a fellow ‘Flight 12’ survivor you really couldn’t write it! Looking back some surreal moments, particularly the ladies that when entering their allocated rooms at around 6 am at the holiday inn were confronted with people already in bed!!!
Then coaches taking us to airport with Chelsea signs in window and flags inside... all destroyed by fellow blues before boarding..!!
Thinking of having t shirts printed for fellow survivors... having something mocked up next couple of days for anyone interested as badge of honour for future away days.
Anyone interested let me know... can fellow survivors let friends know, post on other sites for me please!
I’m in. Met some top blues as a result of this debacle and had some great laughs. Really lifted my spirits after the result and the cock ups at the airport and beyond.

Yep, it was the longest day trip I have ever been on - 40 hours in total! The funniest bit was if they had parked the shuttle bus correctly at the airport to back through passport control, we could have got on at the back doors and off through the front. Anyway, who do you think we should get to make the next Hollywood blockbuster 'Sheiks on a plane'?

Was all a bit downhill from after that final whistle. A total fluke to find the coach.

I was on flight 16 and sat next to the bloke organising hotels / flight / parts all before we left on ours as delayed what seemed well over an hour before moving.

Better than the coach mind after the game, someone kept letting rip at the back for close to 2 hours. I dont think the free sarnies n coke mixed well with him. ( or her, you never know nowadays)

Was it the Park Hotel in the end where you all stayed?

I heard something about parts being brought up from london etc = I thought it was a Chelsea flight n thought ha tough luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.