Flight 12 Champions League Final

Was all a bit downhill from after that final whistle. A total fluke to find the coach.

I was on flight 16 and sat next to the bloke organising hotels / flight / parts all before we left on ours as delayed what seemed well over an hour before moving.

Better than the coach mind after the game, someone kept letting rip at the back for close to 2 hours. I dont think the free sarnies n coke mixed well with him. ( or her, you never know nowadays)

Was it the Park Hotel in the end where you all stayed?

I heard something about parts being brought up from london etc = I thought it was a Chelsea flight n thought ha tough luck.

Thats the covid taste and smell test hahaha

EUR-Lex - 32004R0261 - EN - EUR-Lex (europa.eu)

Legally, not a leg I think.

On what basis did Sportsworld say you wouldn't be able to claim compensation? It sounds like they'd absolved the airlines from claims for delays getting to the airport (otherwise the airline could have left at the scheduled time) but do they have the power to absolve the airline from obligations due to its failure?

But from the Regs there seems no obligation to have given hotel accommodation (only required if the flight was next day) while compensation for delay under 8.1(a) is limited to "the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought". I doubt the ticket had a price - Sportsworld chartered the whole plane.

Do you even have a contract with Sportsworld? A contract needs "consideration" - i.e. you have to give something to the other party.

But - the killer - may be Article 3(3). "This Regulation shall not apply to passengers travelling free of charge or at a reduced fare not available directly or indirectly to the public."

Last edited:
Wake up. Shot of the local paintsripper swilled round and swallowed.

Job done
Ah well I was on flight 12 and my two sons got away virtually on time (ish) so I had to spend my wedding anniversary weekend in Porto with loads of blues .So my lads got away ok. Until.......one was on flight 10....NHS track and trace

€250 compensation paid to my son for the flight12 delays. Email received late afternoon. Not too bad....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.