Flooring creaking - Plywood needed

Bluemanc100

Anybody know a decent joiner who would replace my existing flooring (board as opposed to tongue and groove floorboards) in Hawarden

We couldn't find anybody in time when moving in a year ago (It's a part of a stable conversion) so there are carpets down and furniture.

It's driving us to despair as it seems to have been so badly laid i want it sorted and will get the carpets relaid afterwards.

we need some Marine Ply after reading up on the solution but I don't fancy trying the job myself

Tried that when we moved in...

The squeaking will be from the boards moving around the old nails. If you're going to carpet it anyway just screw down the boards properly.
This is why whenever I build a house I glue and screw all the floors down.
You could pull out the old nails if you want.

Just saw peace frogs post. He's a smart man. ;)

The squeaking will be from the boards moving around the old nails. If you're going to carpet it anyway just screw down the boards properly.
This is why whenever I build a house I glue and screw all the floors down.
You could pull out the old nails if you want.

Just saw peace frogs post. He's a smart man. ;)
haha, no I'm not ,my dad is ,he gave me the advice many years ago

check to see if your floorboard are nailed down,if they are this could be the problem ,screw them down they wont move so wont creak.
It appears as if some joints don't coincide with a joist.. hard to believe but it seems to be the house that Jack built...

Two of the newel posts on the staircase are upside down which tells you everything you need to know...

Not sure is that's a serious reply but I'll humour you... the smell is quite strong isn't it and would it have any effect on Carpets or lower ceilings if any were to drop onto the plasterboard below??
Worked in my Grans house years ago, bloke next door was a jack of all trades and did it for her, he painted it on with a brush, obviously let it air for a while then put carpets back down, remember watching him do it, can't recall any smell but in my Nans house there was always something cooking or being baked so might have masked it, never heard a squeek either after he did it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.