Florentino Luís

If our scouts and Pep think this kid is as incredible as the Benfica fans do, maybe we could do an arranged deal to sweeten the Felix transfer. Offer them the money they'll want in 6 months, but let him stay there for the year and he can come in and replace Fernandinho in the squad directly.

Would also guard against a transfer ban, as pre-arranged transfers are allowed to go through even in a banned window. Plenty of room to get creative as we're in a position of relative strength with the squad as it is.
Sounds great

So is this guy our main target now? IMO only 1 DM is needed, considering we have several young lads in the club and on loan who could at least be a good backup

Hopefully he's better than the last two DM's we signed from Portugal. I know it isn't a logical position to take but I'd be very wary of signing another big money DM from the league who gave us 'the octopus'.
What do you mean "another big money DM"?

£12m for Fernando and £15m for Javi Garcia was never big money.

We even sold Javi Garcia for £12m and Fernando for £5m.

IMO the only problem with those 2 was fans thought they were going to be amazing when they were really brought in to be 2nd string.

True, both came with strong reputations though, especially Fernando.

I think Fernando was a disappointment, but people really underestimated how impossible Fernandinho's role next to Yaya in a 2 man midfield was. Only a genuine world class allrounder could do that, and Fernando wasn't that (and wasn't going to be for 12m). If we'd played a more conventional midfield he'd probably have done much better - plus that awful injury didn't help.

So is this guy our main target now? IMO only 1 DM is needed, considering we have several young lads in the club and on loan who could at least be a good backup
I guess the plan is to get Rodri now, Florentino next summer on prearranged deal when Dinho's contract ends. So the transfer ban wouldn't affect us. At least that's what I'd like to believe in :)

I guess the plan is to get Rodri now, Florentino next summer on prearranged deal when Dinho's contract ends. So the transfer ban wouldn't affect us. At least that's what I'd like to believe in :)
That makes sense, but I hope the backup could be someone like Doyle

That makes sense, but I hope the backup could be someone like Doyle

Have to be real here, Rodri's only 22 and Florentino is 19. Can Doyle play in one of the 8's or is he almost exclusively a pivot? Don't get a chance to watch much of the academy lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.