Florida - Most cost effective way to visit..

What's so special about Disney World? People go here too and spends thousands. Lining up in the hot hot sun to go on some rides? Am I missing something?!
Couldn't agree more..... been telling people I work with that Margate in March, Southend in September, or Folkstone in February pisses all over Orlando in October. Strangely no one has taken such an offer on yet.... ;)

What's so special about Disney World? People go here too and spends thousands. Lining up in the hot hot sun to go on some rides? Am I missing something?!
Do you have kids? The look on my daughters face when she saw all the princesses and characters she watches and plays with day in day out was priceless, as for the rides they take you into the world you've seen on the movies, it really is magical and I'm as cynical as you can get. The staff treat everyone special no grumpy teenager on their mobile, worth every penny for me, however I don't think I could go every tear, one because of cost but also seeing the same thing every year would take away from it.w we plan to go again in 4 years and lots of things will have been added especially Star Wars world ;)

Jesus man I must be getting old. Granted, we used to go to Burnham on Sea and rent a caravan when I was a kid, but it did me no harm and i still look back at it fondly. £7500 for a holiday? Is it just me? Cant be, shirley. i havent ever spent that much on a car
It's all a game of one upmanship these days.
Instead of a caravan/campsite holiday it's glamping, instead of a couple of weeks on a narrowboat it's a 2 week cruise in the Caribbean/Mediterranean and instead of a fortnight in Filey,it's a £7,500 holiday in Florida!
As to which is more relaxing or enjoyable, that's just personal preference.

Do you have kids? The look on my daughters face when she saw all the princesses and characters she watches and plays with day in day out was priceless, as for the rides they take you into the world you've seen on the movies, it really is magical and I'm as cynical as you can get. The staff treat everyone special no grumpy teenager on their mobile, worth every penny for me, however I don't think I could go every tear, one because of cost but also seeing the same thing every year would take away from it.w we plan to go again in 4 years and lots of things will have been added especially Star Wars world ;)
Agree with all of this

We last went in 2012 and going back next year so the kids will be 6 years older so a totally different experience for them, there's also a lot of new things since we last went to experience, Star Wars, World of Avatar (AK), Volcano Bay to name a few.

It's not the sort of thing you could do every year but to see any kids beaming smile is priceless, kids grow up too quick these days, so treasure and experience every minute before you blink and it's gone.

We were over at Disney this week with the little man for his first time and while its certainly a dear do, I would say it was worth every penny.

Try VRBO.com or Airbnb as far as accommodation goes, especially if there is a lot of you but I wouldnt expect to spend too much time in the room. Take butties to the parks, theres some decent enough food available but fuck me you'll pay a premium.

Best bit of advice I can offer is take a really good look when you are coming and do your best to plan it when the kids (over here) are in school. You probably will want to do your park stuff during the week and maybe look to do something else on the weekends when it will be slammed (chill at the pool if you rent a villa?). Its always a much more enjoyable experience when theres less queuing. Also, utilise the fast pass option at Disney, its fuckin marvelous for saving some time.

Bottom line, expect to put your hand in your pocket, but you and your kids will love it.

Fast pass is a godsend and if you stay in Disney you can book 60 days before you go rather than 30 days for everyone else. For the big rides its dog eat dog so find out which ones you want to go on and book them first then book the rest after.

Another way to say money is find the nearest Walmart to your hotel and buy all the Mickey t shirts, Mickey ears etc there and not inside the parks.
The shirts $10 in Walmart, $25 -$35 in the parks
We bought these hand held fans that spray water too, for my Grandkids. $9.99 in Walmart and $22 in the parks.
Likewise a battery powered bubble blower roughly the same prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.