Flu Jab

Mr Ed (The Stables)

As I'm diabetic and I went to see the nurse yesterday she advised me to have it as there are three particularly nasty strains of flu which will be floating about later this year. So I agreed and was duly jabbed and boy I don't feel at all well today, anyone else struggling with this years jab?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
As I'm diabetic and I went to see the nurse yesterday she advised me to have it as there are three particularly nasty strains of flu which will be floating about later this year. So I agreed and was duly jabbed and boy I don't feel at all well today, anyone else struggling with this years jab?
The whole point is that it gives you a very mild strain of flu in order to try to build up some resistance. I've had bad flu for real about 15 years ago and it took me months to fully get over it. I could understand how it kills people after that.

only had flu once about 2 years ago - I have ashma and I honestly thought I would drown it was horrendous.

don't fancy the flu jab if I am honest - don't even feel like a mini bowt of it.

Hope you feel better tomorrow OP. I know lots of people that have the jab every year with very little side effects but when the doctor made me have a flu jab I was really bad straight after, it put me off ever having another one.

The person administering often states it will have no side effects,believe me,that is nonsense.

For the vulnerable.....I recommend it.

Fit and healthy,dont bother.

FantasyIreland said:
The person administering often states it will have no side effects,believe me,that is nonsense.

For the vulnerable.....I recommend it.

Fit and healthy,dont bother.

Thats exactly what I was told by the diabetic nurse that the side effects would be hardly noticeable.

I've now got two blankets draped round me, feeling like shit, not long out of bed thats for sure and I'll be in no rush to get up tomorrow either at this rate.

Never had one in the UK but had it each year since being here (3 years) as it's the only thing I get for free having paid $400 a month health care...... never had the flu here but plenty of colleagues who didn't get the shot did get flu. Getting another one this month too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.