Fluffing Our Lines

I don't think it was "unlucky", it was poor finishing, and poor concentration defensively.

You're probably right, but if the game was played again with the same perimeters, we'd win it 99% of the time. The kick in the teeth was the VAR reversal, which is why it's still so raw for everybody.

I'm not worried either, we are playing better football already than last season, and the season before, the players look hungry, but on Saturday no matter how great the football was, they gave away 2 stupid goals through a lack of concentration, and missed a stack of good chances, 2 in particular that didn't hit the target.

Yet the over reaction is against VAR, not the performance of our players on the pitch, I hope Pep's reaction is about the real reason we didn't win, it will be.

I've come to the judgement that when we don't get a result and Pep says he's "so, so happy" about an aspect of our play, it means it's actually the thing he's most annoyed by. So as he was happy by the chances we created on Saturday, in reality he was actually pissed off about not taking them. When he drops in comments like "VAR making a coffee" into his press conferences, just makes me believe most of what has an ulterior message is some shape or form.

I've come to the judgement that when we don't get a result and Pep says he's "so, so happy" about an aspect of our play, it means it's actually the thing he's most annoyed by. So as he was happy by the chances we created on Saturday, in reality he was actually pissed off about not taking them. When he drops in comments like "VAR making a coffee" into his press conferences, just makes me believe most of what has an ulterior message is some shape or form.
You could be right, but he didn't seem to have his normal frustrated look this weekend, normally if we're missing chances he looks like he's fuming, admittedly I've only seen the MoTD highlights, so maybe he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.