Fly Killers

mosssideblue

As Summer weather warms us, it brings its perennial problem of bluebottle and other unwanted flyers into the house.

We already have a zapper, but it isn't keeping up with them.
Now thinking of those unsightly fly papers, but wanted to know what other things people have tried, and whether successful.

We have the windows open as we are paranoid about ventilation in the house.

As Summer weather warms us, it brings its perennial problem of bluebottle and other unwanted flyers into the house.

We already have a zapper, but it isn't keeping up with them.
Now thinking of those unsightly fly papers, but wanted to know what other things people have tried, and whether successful.

We have the windows open as we are paranoid about ventilation in the house.
Mrs Ewing has the windows shut 'cos she's paranoid about flies in the house. Thankfully the front faces south and the back faces north so yer can shift at noon for the cooler spot. The zapper is the householder's friend.

karate-kid-gif-1.gif

Old people love those sunflower stickers that kill flies while not looking shit

Old school is the only way. Rolled up newspaper or magazine. If you are one of these fancy dans that gets everything electronically on your iPad use that instead.

Next simply locate your prey, slowly move in for kill, strike fly hard, watch to make sure your prey is dead - sometimes you can just give them concussion - once the kill is confirmed you are ready to move on to your next kill. If you have kids let them while away hours of their summer holidays doing it.

I used to be able to catch some of them as they flew by as a kid, my reactions are shit now so chase them out of the window as I don't fancy blood everywhere from a splat.

A cat however is a good if not extreme option, seem to be pretty good at punching them as they fly by.

Lots of options out there.

5f8a7826-c4f0-42d0-b18b-b58551db1f6a_1.12c123b05d23b110bb80c9323ebea718.jpeg

Venus-flytrap-courtesy-SciTechDaily-1500-x-844.jpg

3n7eoj9s_tarantual-generic_625x300_03_September_19.jpg

My mum had a tarantula and she used to catch them and put them in the tank.

According to the internet, the sundew plant is the most effective carnivorous plant. And the pitcher plant is also good. I don't know if you can pick up that sort of thing at B&Q though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.