Flying the nest

Samsdad

I couldnt wait to leave home , left at 17 rented a house for 15 quid a week loved it.

Recently through my work i come into contact with the general public and am surprised by the amount of people who live next door to either their parents or inlaws

Granted you might get on well with your parents etc but to actually live next door to them is a bit odd imo.

Is it just me that thinks its a bit odd ?

I couldnt wait to leave home , left at 17 rented a house for 15 quid a week loved it.

Recently through my work i come into contact with the general public and am surprised by the amount of people who live next door to either their parents or inlaws

Granted you might get on well with your parents etc but to actually live next door to them is a bit odd imo.

Is it just me that thinks its a bit odd ?
I agree. It is probably more prevalent in towns where they have 6 fingers like Wigan. I had a mate at school from Urmston and bumped into him 20yrs later and I just knew he'd still be living there. It came as no suprize when he confirmed it. Some people just don't like new experiences or broadening their horizons.

I had a bedsit on Barlow Moor Road when I was 16 and working in a crap job for 60+ hours a week, it hasn't made me a good or bad person but it has helped make me what I am today.

Historically, I suppose, it was probably far, far more common to live in close proximity to kith and kin, often cheek by jowl, so in that sense the trend to move farther afield is perhaps more peculiar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.