Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Bullet points only because I want my tea !
About 16 of us split into 2 groups. Run by ISG on behalf of City who have worked on stadiums all over the world. 95% of debate was related to the development of the North Stand. It's only going to be on two levels but huge ! Debate about safe standing, ticket cost and would fans relocate from other areas. Talk about moving the family stand and talk about atmosphere and also moving away fans. Talk about a new Supporters Club area within new development but posher than the old social club ! Talk about what we'd pay to have access to it. Most talking points came back to keeping costs reasonable although accepting the club needs to make money ! Talk about rewarding loyalty by perhaps chucking in a CL Group game or two with your season card cost. Talk about transport links to the ground and parking. Talk about new fans areas in the empty areas in the corners at the back of the second tiers. About mid corporate areas in the very bottom of the new North Stand and also at the very top. Talk about a teens area (but generally not seen as a good idea) and also potential family season cards. Criticism of the ticket office from some. Talk of perhaps a pay as you go business centre and possibly a gym on the campus. ISG stressed nothing has been agreed or signed hence getting fans views. Everything discussed was hypothetical. That's it for now I think and my apologies if I've forgotten anything but it was an interesting 90 minute session. It was a great insight as to how the club is thinking and whilst wanting to attract new fans City stress that they will not forget the rest of us who have been on the great City rollercoaster ! TTFN

Have I missed something here? Have the club announced they are developing the north stand?

Have I missed something here? Have the club announced they are developing the north stand?
I assume the announcement isn't far off if they are consulting some fans over ideas, sounds from that post like its a large 2 tier deveolpment unless I've misunderstood.

Bullet points only because I want my tea !
About 16 of us split into 2 groups. Run by ISG on behalf of City who have worked on stadiums all over the world. 95% of debate was related to the development of the North Stand. It's only going to be on two levels but huge ! Debate about safe standing, ticket cost and would fans relocate from other areas. Talk about moving the family stand and talk about atmosphere and also moving away fans. Talk about a new Supporters Club area within new development but posher than the old social club ! Talk about what we'd pay to have access to it. Most talking points came back to keeping costs reasonable although accepting the club needs to make money ! Talk about rewarding loyalty by perhaps chucking in a CL Group game or two with your season card cost. Talk about transport links to the ground and parking. Talk about new fans areas in the empty areas in the corners at the back of the second tiers. About mid corporate areas in the very bottom of the new North Stand and also at the very top. Talk about a teens area (but generally not seen as a good idea) and also potential family season cards. Criticism of the ticket office from some. Talk of perhaps a pay as you go business centre and possibly a gym on the campus. ISG stressed nothing has been agreed or signed hence getting fans views. Everything discussed was hypothetical. That's it for now I think and my apologies if I've forgotten anything but it was an interesting 90 minute session. It was a great insight as to how the club is thinking and whilst wanting to attract new fans City stress that they will not forget the rest of us who have been on the great City rollercoaster ! TTFN

Hi mate,

Is this kind of how it looked or sounded?

065-D6-FB0-CB54-455-A-8-D0-E-D5-B90-F6-D81-E3.png

I assume the announcement isn't far off if they are consulting some fans over ideas, sounds from that post like its a large 2 tier deveolpment unless I've misunderstood.
That’s what I read but that’s the first I’ve heard. It’s huge news if it’s true. It would be another chance to solve the atmosphere problem, after they blew it last time.

That’s what I read but that’s the first I’ve heard. It’s huge news if it’s true. It would be another chance to solve the atmosphere problem, after they blew it last time.
If the new stand came with more affordable ticket pricing then it would be great for atmosphere.

@worsleyweb has hinted over the last couple of weeks something was happening and this thread started with those being invited, think @prestwichblue also said he'd seen something but then got people moaning at him because he couldn't say what , so I was expecting this and an announcement quite soon. Don't remember a fan forum last time and we didnt have the City Matters group so hopefully more fan input will help solve the problems.

@worsleyweb has hinted over the last couple of weeks something was happening and this thread started with those being invited, think @prestwichblue also said he'd seen something but then got people moaning at him because he couldn't say what , so I was expecting this and an announcement quite soon. Don't remember a fan forum last time and we didnt have the City Matters group so hopefully more fan input will help solve the problems.
Two tiers and same pricing will not help the atmosphere one jot it has to be one tier and lower prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.