Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

If they don’t want to make it public, why are they discussing ideas with the public.
You are pretty pointless in reality.
Thanks for your resounding vote of confidence. For one thing we asked the club what we could say about ticket points and the data they provided us with & that's what they told us. We made some proposals and they're going to consider them and I'm sure those will be covered in the minutes but they may come back and say they want further discussions.

As for the stadium presentation, there are about 20 focus groups in the next few weeks and I simply don't want to spoil it for anyone going. Also they may not present at those what they presented to us tonight. I'm sure the people who go to the first few groups will have plenty to say in due course.

Thanks for your resounding vote of confidence. For one thing we asked the club what we could say about ticket points and the data they provided us with & that's what they told us. We made some proposals and they're going to consider them and I'm sure those will be covered in the minutes but they may come back and say they want further discussions.

As for the stadium presentation, there are about 20 focus groups in the next few weeks and I simply don't want to spoil it for anyone going. Also they may not present at those what they presented to us tonight. I'm sure the people who go to the first few groups will have plenty to say in due course.

PB.

Don’t want to press you as I know how these fan and club discussions work.

But. There’s always a but. :-)

The stadium presentation. Is it about the expansion of the North Stand?

A yes or no will do, if you can say?

Thanks.

PB.

Don’t want to press you as I know how these fan and club discussions work.

But. There’s always a but. :-)

The stadium presentation. Is it about the expansion of the North Stand?

A yes or no will do, if you can say?

Thanks.

Think the only way we will find out what goes on at these clandestine meetings is somebody hacking the computers. What is the point of representatives voted for by us if they can't report back what has been discussed at these meeting.

Not in any detail as it depends on what the club want to make public and what they want to keep private, as they shared quite a bit of information with us. Anything they want to make public will appear in the minutes, which will be on the website once they're circulated and agreed.

But we talked about ticket points, ticket options generally and the ideas for the stadium. All of these are ongoing discussions but there were some interesting ideas floated and I think the club were pleased with the range of the discussions. It's not a criticism of them in any way but they simply don't see things through our eyes, as we've often said. But I am impressed with the way they're engaging with us at the moment. Omar Berrada is a smart guy, there are plenty of other smart people at the club and there are so many things going on. Obviously I will share whatever I can whenever I can.

They're not quite there with a communications strategy for the group as yet but hopefully that'll be sorted out in the next couple of weeks. While that will mainly be online/digital, we'd like to do some face-to-face stuff, maybe in City Square before a game.
I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have a City matters thread, where people could post things they want raising with the club? I know a few of the representatives are on blue moon. I know the representatives will have a good handle on the overall mood of the fanbase but thought it might make it feel like a more involved process.

If they don’t want to make it public, why are they discussing ideas with the public.
You are pretty pointless in reality.
They are obviously consulting with the supporter reps, not everything that's discussed will be in the final plan. They won't want everything made public 'til they have a plan it causes false stories. At least there is some consulting going on though so it isn't pointless.

Last edited:

I don't think the poster was having a go at you personally, but he makes a valid point about the process (not your fault obviously).

Could you at least tell us what your proposals were?

Also, when will the minutes be published?

I don't think the poster was having a go at you personally, but he makes a valid point about the process (not your fault obviously).

Could you at least tell us what your proposals were?

Also, when will the minutes be published?
Well I think he was having a go at me. I don't know when the minutes will be published but I hope it's within the next week. I specifically asked if we could share some of the things we discussed and the club said they would prefer to hold off for the moment so I've got to honour their request. Once the minutes are up then I can talk some more.

Well I think he was having a go at me. I don't know when the minutes will be published but I hope it's within the next week. I specifically asked if we could share some of the things we discussed and the club said they would prefer to hold off for the moment so I've got to honour their request. Once the minutes are up then I can talk some more.

But surely you'e allowed to tell us what you proposed?

I'm specifically (and selfishly) concerned about changes to the ticket points system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.