Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you, but after all these years it's about time City got people in who actually care about everyone who supports our club and got this mess sorted out once and for all without disrupting and annoying thousands of supporters who deserve better. Unfortunately the more I see it hear of Soriano, the more I feel the club just aren't that interested.
Poor Bert, I'd no idea you' suffered so much this last 10 years.

My main reason for going to a game besides watching footy is to sing and create noise. In the last 9 years I have moved 3 times to be with like minded fans ( been going to watch city 40 years ), not thought twice about how long I have had my current seat or who moves with me , just as long as I can be in the end creating more noise. Each time I have moved the noise has got better, im in 115 now and flit about from seat to seat in cup games and CL around 115.

There is a good chance I could be moving a fourth time if the NS is redeveloped and safestand is put in place, which would be another step forward to getting like minded singers together.

So with an additional 7,500 seats or so added to the North Stand by expanding the second tier, how many would be in that upper tier overall? Must be 3,000 roughly already in north stand L2? 10,500 in a single tier would still be immense and with a further 3,000 below in L1 that would make a racket if it is marketed to secure the right people to generate the atmosphere. If the club can finally relocate the away fans somewhere "worse" in terms of for their positioning, we can get the whole south stand back too and have two ends solely for city fans which would get noise going around the whole ground.

We have all seen the place rocking on occasion. The Hamburg quarter being the standout game, but the Tevez league cup semi was another. Sounds like the club will think long and hard about this. Personally, if many have to move and are annoyed by that, I wouldn't care if it was for the sake of getting the atmosphere addressed. This is our last chance as a club to sort it.

People shouldn't have to pay more though so they should allow those relocating due to the expansion to do so at the cost of their current ticket price out of fairness. Rather than make them fork out an extra few hundred to move to the East Stand for example when it is due to their preference not to remain in a more rowdy part of the ground.

Lots to think about in terms of where families go etc. But these forums should iron most issues out and tick off things to the advantage of thr majority of people.

I've missed something somewhere on this thread or people are making wild assumptions based on their interpretation of what has been said in a Fan/Club forum. I find it difficult to understand why the Club would allocate an extended North Stand 2nd tier to accommodate supporters wishes for a home end when that's currently what we have in the South Stand. There isn't a chance in hell that the Club would forcibly remove literally hundreds/thousands of families from either North Stand level 1 & 2 who currently sit together and try to transfer them to single seats in other parts of the ground. It would be a PR disaster. Give it up. It isn't going to happen. But as I have said before I am looking forward to the North Stand extension proposals as they are long overdue. I would prioritise the extra new seats for new supporters which would allow those that can't go at the moment to be able to sit together with their friends/family. Brand the extra seats as non Season Ticket availability and sell on a match by match basis.

I've missed something somewhere on this thread or people are making wild assumptions based on their interpretation of what has been said in a Fan/Club forum. I find it difficult to understand why the Club would allocate an extended North Stand 2nd tier to accommodate supporters wishes for a home end when that's currently what we have in the South Stand. There isn't a chance in hell that the Club would forcibly remove literally hundreds/thousands of families from either North Stand level 1 & 2 who currently sit together and try to transfer them to single seats in other parts of the ground. It would be a PR disaster. Give it up. It isn't going to happen. But as I have said before I am looking forward to the North Stand extension proposals as they are long overdue. I would prioritise the extra new seats for new supporters which would allow those that can't go at the moment to be able to sit together with their friends/family. Brand the extra seats as non Season Ticket availability and sell on a match by match basis.
You could do it on a match by match basis but if City were willing to do that they would have to bring match day prices down from £50 to £20. Danger of doing it on a match by match basis is that the stand would not be full. I think City will opt to issue 9,000 seasoncards

Possibly Marvin but by issuing another 9000 Season Tickets wouldn't that lock out supporters who can't afford a Season Ticket and who would like to come on a match by match basis with friends/family. Also, if you made it a Season Ticket area you would probably have to offer relocation preference to existing Season Ticket holders first. Wouldn't that have a negative impact by reducing even more the number of multiple seats together?

Possibly Marvin but by issuing another 9000 Season Tickets wouldn't that lock out supporters who can't afford a Season Ticket and who would like to come on a match by match basis with friends/family. Also, if you made it a Season Ticket area you would probably have to offer relocation preference to existing Season Ticket holders first. Wouldn't that have a negative impact by reducing even more the number of multiple seats together?
They could do both not getting into numbers but some s/c some matchday . What would help is having set blocks for matchday sales instead of seats scattered all over in ones and twos so then groups of fans wanting matchday tickets together could get them much easier.

All the focus seems to be on the expansion, but I'd like them to sort out the transport, parking, tannoy, wifi, website and tickets selling (and the annual seat moving/inactive season tickets August queues celebration) first. Easy fixes that the club has consistently failed to sort for years and years that give me little faith that things will improve with an extra 7,000 seats.
They're very good at putting out texts and emails asking our opinion, but never act on anything negative.
Any reason why this should be anything other than yet another happy clappy backslapping exercise for a bunch of blokes in suits who never make it out of the posh seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.