Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

We were in the family stand upto the point the expansion took place, and we moved to EL3 to be close to my mate. The club sent letters at the time saying you had to move if you didn’t meet the family stand criteria, which we didn’t by then, but I know a lot of people didn’t move, and are still in there.

That is what I would have expected to happen. My understanding would be that you benefit from cheaper S/C's together with your kids in a safe area away from the more boisterous elements but as they reach adulthood, you make way for the next generation of parents with kids of a match-going age. That would mean the S/C holders would know when they sign up that there is a finite amount of time there before they have to be relocated elsewhere in the stadium.

That is what I would have expected to happen. My understanding would be that you benefit from cheaper S/C's together with your kids in a safe area away from the more boisterous elements but as they reach adulthood, you make way for the next generation of parents with kids of a match-going age. That would mean the S/C holders would know when they sign up that there is a finite amount of time there before they have to be relocated elsewhere in the stadium.

I was in the Family Stand until my youngest turned 16 (my daughter had already moved away so she gave up her seasoncard). I moved into ES3 & my son stopped going regularly because he had other things to do but I know quite a few people still in there who don't have eligible kids but the club doesn't force them to move as there isn't enough demand for that stand. It's far too big but having forced out level one seasoncard holders years ago to expand it its hard to see what the club can do next.

@mostonbluemark

At the fans forum people were told there are plans (although nothing signed off) for a 2nd tier expansion of the North Stand. They were shown CAD renders of a design.

It was then mentioned by another forum member that they had heard this and that the new stand would contain an internal social club.

@mostonbluemark

At the fans forum people were told there are plans (although nothing signed off) for a 2nd tier expansion of the North Stand. They were shown CAD renders of a design.

It was then mentioned by another forum member that they had heard this and that the new stand would contain an internal social club.

This internal social club is what makes it pay!

This internal social club is what makes it pay!
If the internal club is replacing City Square will it still be free access or will it be paid ? If it's free it will need to be huge to cover the number of people that currently mill around City Square including the bar and the café.

I've been wondering if you have season tickets in the family stand what happens when the kids become adults, does the family have to relocate tickets or just stays put? If you don't have to relocate, how do they create room for new families? If you do have to relocate, wouldn't there be a reasonable turnover of seats every close season.
You would have been relocated in the past but they've stopped doing that while they decide what to do with the North Stand.

Don’t know if it’s me but surely fans who sit in the family stand can remain in their current seats if they wish but they won’t be sat in the family stand as that will be somewhere else

You replaced people who had been sat in there since the stadium opened and now some on here want people like me moved once again for your benefit. Do you suppose those forcibly ejected don't have friends? Where do you think those in a wider group are going to sit when moved, not all of us want to sit at the back of an expanded north stand.
I agree, I’m merely making the point there are groups in the family stand now as there are all over the ground, hence, you’ll never please everyone

I agree, I’m merely making the point there are groups in the family stand now as there are all over the ground, hence, you’ll never please everyone
Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you, but after all these years it's about time City got people in who actually care about everyone who supports our club and got this mess sorted out once and for all without disrupting and annoying thousands of supporters who deserve better. Unfortunately the more I see or hear of Soriano, the more I feel the club just aren't that interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.