Food From Your Youth

No idea how to spell it but here goes...kaylie ..that fizzy stuff you licked you fingers and stuck in to....amongst other things !

Think it was kayli. I used to love that stuff. With one of those really hard liquorice sticks. Pure teeth rotting sugar. Also cream soda, a pink powdery stuff that you dipped into likewise.

Think it was kayli. I used to love that stuff. With one of those really hard liquorice sticks. Pure teeth rotting sugar. Also cream soda, a pink powdery stuff that you dipped into likewise.
article-1175196-04B1E97B000005DC-566_233x378.jpg

in the late fifties early sixties a big favourite chez nous was a product by a firm called Mapletons, "Savourmix". mix the powder with water, form into a patty coat with the supplied breadcrumbs and lightly fry. Unique flavour . Given up now, but i've spent years trying to discover what the ingredients were, i know the firm stopped trading years ago, and it was a bit of a niche product, no luck, even when it got mentions in the readers letters in the guardian , plenty remembered it but that was all.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.