Footage of Billy Meredith

Mad Eyed Screamer

A few years ago I saw footage of Billy Meredith training in front of an empty Kippax (or was it the Popular Side then?)
I cannot find it on youtube or Pathe News.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Gary James

'Manchester City Folklore' see @garyjameswriter
A few years ago I saw footage of Billy Meredith training in front of an empty Kippax (or was it the Popular Side then?)
I cannot find it on youtube or Pathe News.

Can anyone help?
It was film from the film he made. I believe it’s Maine Rd in front of the main stand but the football film notes suggest it’s a ground somewhere in ‘the Midlands or the North’. Anyway, it’s BFI footage but they haven’t got it online at the moment (they do have the 1924 FA Cup semi final v Newcastle though - you can see Meredith coming out of the tunnel ). However, this Utd fan has included it (and the FAC semi) in his own tribute to Meredith at a Utd. Obviously it’s red biased but worth viewing for the clip:

Mad Eyed Screamer

It was film from the film he made. I believe it’s Maine Rd in front of the main stand but the football film notes suggest it’s a ground somewhere in ‘the Midlands or the North’. Anyway, it’s BFI footage but they haven’t got it online at the moment (they do have the 1924 FA Cup semi final v Newcastle though - you can see Meredith coming out of the tunnel ). However, this Utd fan has included it (and the FAC semi) in his own tribute to Meredith at a Utd. Obviously it’s red biased but worth viewing for the clip:
Thanks (as ever) Gary :)

Don't have an account?

Register now!