Footage of two derbies?

both midweek games from what I can remember,i doubt that any exists,the 1971 game at maine road was the one where sir matt was surprised by eamon Andrews and his red book at the end of the game.footage of this does exist .

both midweek games from what I can remember,i doubt that any exists,the 1971 game at maine road was the one where sir matt was surprised by eamon Andrews and his red book at the end of the game.footage of this does exist .
My dad wouldn't take me to the game in 68, but I'm sure I was at the one in 71. I seem to recall we were losing 4-1 with just a few minutes remaining and pulled two back and the ref then blew up before the ninety minutes was up.
Unless I've just dreamt it all

I've never seen TV footage from the actual game for the 1971 match despite the This is Your Life connection. The game itself was a rearranged end of season game with just local pride at stake.

My dad wouldn't take me to the game in 68, but I'm sure I was at the one in 71. I seem to recall we were losing 4-1 with just a few minutes remaining and pulled two back and the ref then blew up before the ninety minutes was up.
Unless I've just dreamt it all

No, you weren't dreaming, that's how I remember it too.

My old fella decided that it was too rough for me (aged 7) at the '71 game. He'd taken me to the Coventry game and we did 4/5 others that season before becoming regulars.

While the 3-4 was going on I was at Hyde with him watching them play Ashton.

No footage has ever been for the 3-1 win at Old Trafford in 1968. I know this as I have searched long and hard. Various pictures have appeared on the net in the last few years. A lot of them are focused on the violence in the uncovered Scoreboard End. And a few of goals taken from a camera located behind the goals. I know good old Parkie (Micheal Parkinson) was at the game and walking pitchside interviewing fans. I was offered the chance (as was BBC Radio Manchester) to deploy this to modern technology?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.