Football Books/Biographies

VinceYoungisaBLUE

Now normally, I'm a fiction kind of guy. Sci-Fi mostly and the old stuff at that, but recently Ive been bored of it. I am a little hungry for some football history but when I googled it, one of the first things to come up was I Am Zlatan so screw that, Ill ask people that I know would never recommend me such garbage and brings us to the point of this thread.... anybody have any recs for good football books? City related would be great, obviously, but I'm also interested in previous world cups and such. Hopefully someone has something thats decent

The Cruyff one that came out last year was brilliant, I think every football fan should read that.

Paul McGrath's book is probably the best out there I've read.

Yes I know he is a Blue, but even taking my tinted specs off I really enjoyed Paul Lakes book.
Found it more on a human level than footballing itself.

Football Against the Enemy, Simon Kuper. About rivalries eg Holland / Germany and Celtic ,/ Rangers. Very interesting.

Inverting The Pyramid. A History Of Football tactics

Really good read about the evolution of tactics within the game

Just on a side note if your into science fiction have you read anything by Peter F Hamilton? great sci fi wirter

Id endorsed the comments re Cryuff and Lake would also recommend the Ian Wright one and definitely the Martí Perarnau books about Pep

Louis van Gaal: The Biography by Maarten Meijer - (not joking) very interesting read and makes one wonder how we was so badly treated by the Media here.
Andrea Pirlo's autobiography is another I recommend

Sorry to say but two from the red side....
Nobby Stiles Autobiography,
Best and Edwards. Gordon Burn.

Both excellent honest reads, particularly strong on 60's Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.