Football commentary

Always been the same,there was nobody worse than John Motson when I was a kid,with Brian Moore on ITV,not much between them,in all honesty I don't think there has ever been a great commentator on tv......ever

Problem is a lot of them aren't football minded. UK commentators are the worse, couldn't pick apart a football game if they tried because they just don't understand it.

I always remember when a city fan rang up talksport once and one of the people on the show hadn't even heard of Yaya Toure or David Silva (before we signed them), despite one playing in a champions league final just a year before hand and the other having over 50 caps for Spain(the then European and World Champions)! I know they're not commentators but they're still talking about football on the biggest sports radio channel in the country. Here it is:

I've thought about this a few times over the years - usually when it's brought up on here - and I reckon it was WUMmery from Parry.

The fat Scouse twat's whole raison d'être at that time on talkshite was winding up listeners to phone in.

I've thought about this a few times over the years - usually when it's brought up on here - and I reckon it was WUMmery from Parry.

The fat Scouse twat's whole raison d'être at that time on talkshite was winding up listeners to phone in.

Got to admit when I thought of it and re-watched it before posting it, it did seem a bit WUMmy. Quite possibly what happened because I remember it was pissing off City fans.

Always been the same,there was nobody worse than John Motson when I was a kid,with Brian Moore on ITV,not much between them,in all honesty I don't think there has ever been a great commentator on tv......ever

I don't remember him - he'd fallen out with the BBC by the time I became interested in football, but Kenneth Wolstenholmewas probably the master. He told the viewer who was on the ball or what was happening without talking a pile of bollocks or going on about something entirely disconnected from the match he was commentating on, like Tyler, Parry and Darke do nowadays.

If you can find the coverage of the Ballet on Ice, you will see - hear? - what I mean.

Years ago there would be periods of play in a game where the commentators stayed silent allowing the play to build then maybe passing a comment on what had just happened but the incessant yapping they do now drives me mad

They're fucking awful and tell blatent lies, I normally find a foreign feed so I don't get annoyed but watched the rag first half with icckle micky Owen telling me that players weren't offside on stills where they were....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.