Football commentary

BigOscar

I find myself being increasingly unable to tolerate the absolute fuckwittery of commentators, not just in City games where you obviously are tense so think they are out to get you (which some are!) but in games in general. The standard is so fucking low and they just come out with a constant stream of utter shite. They don't seem to do any research on the players and a lot don't seem to even know the rules of football. They just trot out endless cliche's and bullshit that they've made up, then decide to then draw random conclusions based on their made up bullshit?

I frequently want to mute the game just to make them go away, but without the sounds of the game it loses something. I've watched games listening to foreign commentary I didn't understand, simply because it was less annoying than the English commentary I could unfortunately understand! Am I alone in this? If you had the option to watch live games without commentary, but still with the crowd sounds and sounds of the game, would you watch it? I know I would.

You used to be able to do this behind the red button on Sky, so you still had crowd noise, but Tyler and Gray were muted. No idea why they got rid tbh

I find myself being increasingly unable to tolerate the absolute fuckwittery of commentators, not just in City games where you obviously are tense so think they are out to get you (which some are!) but in games in general. The standard is so fucking low and they just come out with a constant stream of utter shite. They don't seem to do any research on the players and a lot don't seem to even know the rules of football. They just trot out endless cliche's and bullshit that they've made up, then decide to then draw random conclusions based on their made up bullshit?

I frequently want to mute the game just to make them go away, but without the sounds of the game it loses something. I've watched games listening to foreign commentary I didn't understand, simply because it was less annoying than the English commentary I could unfortunately understand! Am I alone in this? If you had the option to watch live games without commentary, but still with the crowd sounds and sounds of the game, would you watch it? I know I would.
very eloquently put if I may say so.

I'm with you on all the points raised, you aren't alone... I'd much prefer an option to mute commentators.
I cab watch the match in a stadium without them so I'm more than capable on the sofa.

It has nothing to do with club bias either as I feel the same whilst watching matches which have no link with City.

It's in general utter jibberish and to be fair if we recorded ourselves right now talking for 90mins we'd spit out some utter dross along the way as well.

No commentary, just crowd noise is ideal.

I do appreciate commentary though whilst watching fast paced sports such as NHL and more technical sports such as MMA... which includes people who actually know what they are talking about.

Tired cliche shit with an agenda behind it (this goes for most football matches) is not my preferred entertainment and has put me off watching the game on TV (unless I mute it)

Exactly the point my 80 year old mother makes every time we watch a match round hers on a Sunday afternoon. Her favourite being Martin Tyler. Her usual comment is "why does he talk such nonsense that is nothing to do with the game?"

I dont even know why you need to be told that the midfielder has passed to the forward etc, you can see it with your eyes. And i dont need to hear their opinions on things, show me the replay and il make up my own mind. If there was an option to mute the commentators i definitely would.

Or we could go the other end of the spectrum and have Martin Tyler & Co blasted live out of the tannoys at the Etihad during a match?

You used to be able to do this behind the red button on Sky, so you still had crowd noise, but Tyler and Gray were muted. No idea why they got rid tbh

I think they realised what fans were doing. They could have saved significantly on outgoings by just using the crowd noise, but I think a lot of the employment is 'the old boys network'! Mates with mates in 'certain places'!

I generally listen to a commentary, unless it is a City match - and then I don't listen at all - for as long as it takes the commentator to mention MANUre. The record stands at 3mins 55secs for a game in which MANUre were not playing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.