Football fans attacking Youtube fan channels

I have noticed in the last few weeks that Arsenal Fan TV and United Stand Youtube presenters have been confronted by their own fans after games when they've been filming.

What do you think about this?

The interview below summarises the situation and articulates it from the Youtube presenters point of view

I know these channels are set up on a commercial basis to make and it might be a good career option for people who are good at speaking. You can see some of the presenters going to work for football clubs and more traditional football media but what do ordinary fans make of their influence. Are they good or bad?

I like them because I can use them to get an idea about what fans of a certain club are thinking.

However, is there a down-side to them. Are they toxic? Can they destabilise a club's fanbase to the extent that they make it very very difficult for players and manager to work? Look at Arsenal. If you watch their games, you can hear their fans screaming all kinds of abuse at their players, and their channel gets huge viewing figures. It's very influential.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them but I would like to hear opinions. I do think that they make football supporters more emboldened and volatile and influential but that is not a bad thing.

It would also be interesting to know how viable they are commercially. Are the popular fan channels making money? There's a proliferation of them.

Man Utd have loads of them:

Fulltimedevils, United Stand, United Central. Then each of their presenters have their own channels on top.

They’re fucking poison those channels, always full of proper ****s. Small amounts of individuals which portrays the whole image and shape everyone’s opinion on an entire fanbase.

I completely agree with those against them.

The narrator of that YouTube vid is a disgrace. Telling us that these people are mindless thugs and that the LIVES of the AFTV lads are in danger... fuck off you sensationalising ****! They’re just showing their dissatisfaction at that tripe of a fan channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing for me and these channels is that we've only seen or I've only seen arsenal and mainly utd fans being gobby, bragging, putting us down, laughing at us over the years, we've suffered in silence, laughed along at ourselves at the piss taking we got and always was the lowest on the food chain.
Now we see utd and arsenal fans on these vids crying, complaining, going mad, acting spoilt, being bitter..etc.. something I personally thought I'd never see in my lifetime. A lot of utd fans i know who used to be the gobshites don't support them anymore so I get such satisfaction and that fuzzy ha ha fuck you feeling when I see these mard ****s complaining and melting down.
Long may they continue.

I like Robbie from the Arsenal fan tv channel he comes across as a decent fella, but the rest of them are completely off the wall speaking a dialect of English that I can't get my head around. They've even got a full kit wanker resplendent with every bit of clothing from the gift shop AKA Tony Pulis.

No such thing as bad publicity and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it wasn't all planned.

They’re fucking poison those channels, always full of proper ****s. Small amounts of individuals which portrays the whole image and shape everyone’s opinion on an entire fanbase.

I completely agree with those against them.

The narrator of that YouTube vid is a disgrace. Telling us that these people are mindless thugs and that the LIVES of the AFTV lads are in danger... fuck off you sensationalising ****! They’re just showing their dissatisfaction at that tripe of a fan channel.

Totally agree with you about that flat cap wearing knob head, the soft ****.

It’s a disgrace tbh, they’re fans giving an opinion. Instead of fighting debate civilly
What’s wrong with chanting “Arsenal Fan TV, get out of our club”? It’s not like fifty lads have turned up with coshes and knuckle dusters.

Lee Judge on AFTV is decent value as is Ricky(the old boy) on one of the United channels

I suppose I might be a bit annoyed if I was a United/Arsenal fan if the wider pubic thought all our fans were like Troopz, DT, the ‘give it to Giggys’ bloke and that one with the squeaky voice but I think the general public are a little more intelligent than that

I quite like occasionally listening to fans of other clubs

Does anyone know how much money is actually in it for the presenter/owner of the channel? Particularly when you take into consideration that they have to go to all the games, have the equipment to record, edit and release? It must pay reasonably well because you’d struggle to fit a full-time job around it all

Talk sport interviewed some pleb from The United stand late the other night Rantz and Bantz or some other stupid name.
I was well annoyed as he kept going on about people being jealous as a reason etc etc and no one mentioned the point that the two being attacked (Arse and rags) are because they purposely show pretty much the same clique of fans who are embarrassing the club and a laughing stock in the eyes of other clubs fans.
How many fans of other clubs say they cant wait to watch Cheesey's videos when City lose? None.
But we all go to AFTV and the rags one to see Andy Tate's latest rant or that other loon "may as well be Cellick" have a meltdown.
And fans from those 2 clubs are fed up of being mocked by other fans for these idiots "representing" their club especially when both are currently not very good on the pitch.

Cheesey's vlogs are not about personality and creating characters. There is that one lad who always appears at the end of most vlogs but everyone else is random and it is about their comments not about them.

Fan channels should interview random and different fans every game, never the same ones, or seldom the same ones at least.

People are more bothered about their celebrity status than they are their football clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.