Football fans attacking Youtube fan channels

Fan channels should interview random and different fans every game, never the same ones, or seldom the same ones at least.

People are more bothered about their celebrity status than they are their football clubs.
That is the issue.... If you want quality go random. If you are chasing online clicks and hits then it is characters.

I have noticed in the last few weeks that Arsenal Fan TV and United Stand Youtube presenters have been confronted by their own fans after games when they've been filming.

What do you think about this?

The interview below summarises the situation and articulates it from the Youtube presenters point of view

I know these channels are set up on a commercial basis to make and it might be a good career option for people who are good at speaking. You can see some of the presenters going to work for football clubs and more traditional football media but what do ordinary fans make of their influence. Are they good or bad?

I like them because I can use them to get an idea about what fans of a certain club are thinking.

However, is there a down-side to them. Are they toxic? Can they destabilise a club's fanbase to the extent that they make it very very difficult for players and manager to work? Look at Arsenal. If you watch their games, you can hear their fans screaming all kinds of abuse at their players, and their channel gets huge viewing figures. It's very influential.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them but I would like to hear opinions. I do think that they make football supporters more emboldened and volatile and influential but that is not a bad thing.

It would also be interesting to know how viable they are commercially. Are the popular fan channels making money? There's a proliferation of them.

Man Utd have loads of them:

Fulltimedevils, United Stand, United Central. Then each of their presenters have their own channels on top.

I enjoy going on AFTV. FTD and the United stand because its funny to see entitled fans who thought the SKY Big 4 was impenetrable and that their clubs were there for life scooping up all the trophies having meltdowns after another mediocre performance. I consider Goldbridge to be a comedy act...sort Alan Partridge meets Jonathan Pie .....so enjoy a good giggle there.

The nearest I have seen for us is the stuff Ian Cheeseman does which is a slightly different format and thankfully not full of up themselves wankers moaning about their club. I wouldn't tune in t anything City that was like AFTV and FTD to be honest.

I enjoy going on AFTV. FTD and the United stand because its funny to see entitled fans who thought the SKY Big 4 was impenetrable and that their clubs were there for life scooping up all the trophies having meltdowns after another mediocre performance. I consider Goldbridge to be a comedy act...sort Alan Partridge meets Jonathan Pie .....so enjoy a good giggle there.

The nearest I have seen for us is the stuff Ian Cheeseman does which is a slightly different format and thankfully not full of up themselves wankers moaning about their club. I wouldn't tune in t anything City that was like AFTV and FTD to be honest.
Excellent post and highlights why rags and gunners are not happy with these channels - they provide entertainment for opposing fans at the expense of their own club.

I'd be embarrassed by it if it was happening at Spurs. It's as if they try to out-do their outrage every game.

It was amusing as a rival at first, but I got bored of it after 4 post matches. Always the same old shit, same questions, same angry responses. It's football FFS

Plus them twats are rolling in it, they exploit these rabid dog knee jerk fans all for making some coin. The regular fan who goes home after watching the match must be embarrassed surely of what's going on.

I'd be embarrassed by it if it was happening at Spurs. It's as if they try to out-do their outrage every game.

It was amusing as a rival at first, but I got bored of it after 4 post matches. Always the same old shit, same questions, same angry responses. It's football FFS

Plus them twats are rolling in it, they exploit these rabid dog knee jerk fans all for making some coin. The regular fan who goes home after watching the match must be embarrassed surely of what's going on.
You should be embarrassed for Son tonite, how he didnt bury that chance against the dippers only god knows.

It seems you can criticise the club you support on a fans forum as much as you like, even if you get 100 points a season and score 100 goals. But if you put your face on a screen and criticise your own club which has fallen from the skies, you are due a good kicking, a trip to Coventry and a lifetime ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.