Football Genius tonight 10pm ITV 4 City Fans

Who was the fit lady manager of the City team?
Sam Quek - Won Gold in Rio as part of the Hockey team, now gone into TV. Scouser - Quite vocal about LFC, seen her doing various soundbites about LFC - one recently claiming milner would get in a combined city & liverpool XI ahead of debruyne.

I knew all of their questions and none of ours!

Some of them were a bit awkward. I knew Panenka and some of the others, but naming 3 of the five players common to consecutive World Cup squads vs naming the Celtic manager of 2016-7 seemed uneven - it's possible that they were hard/easy questions, but some seemed far more obscure than others.

The format was terrible though. I quite like Tim Vine, but having to carry the whole thing to cover for the two character-free celeb captains (who was the Paul bloke anyway?), and probably less than 20 questions in a half hour programme, it was poorly thought through.

After all that I forgot to watch it anyway !
It's on catch-up but I wouldn't bother. Some of the questions were a bit obscure but a City fan not knowing the answer to the question about the Italian player who wanted a kiss from the Queen was pretty unforgiveable. I mean, who the fuck else was it going to be but Mario?

I remember when I was living down in London and there was a monthly quiz involving fans of various clubs. The team from the OSC who usually did it couldn't go so they asked some of the pub regulars who watched City games to do it. How hard can it be, I thought. Little did we know. The questions required you to have a photographic memory and to have memorised the last 10 years' Rothmans Football Yearbooks, with questions like "Name the 3 top scorers for East Stirling in the 2002/3 season. For one point".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.