Football Grounds?

hillsborough for me is everything i like in a ground. old style, big, history within it. you can make a right old racket with the wooden seats in the away end. like eastlands once in it but agree that outside it looks a bit drab. loved highbury as well but thought selhurst was a shithole. special mention to loftus road as well.

Pigeonho said:
SpiritofBurnden said:
Whilst it would have been interesting to see the new stadium situated amongst the terraced houses in the Burnden area of Bolton, unfortunately it just wasn't practical for a number of reasons. However the view of the stadium depends on which way you're looking...

Reebok_IMGP4240-txt.JPG

Hmmm, was that pic taken from a pub by any chance? I went out with the mrs to some pub near the ground, a big pub which does an excellent carvery. The car park has the stadium in view just like this pic. When her uncle came out to go to his car he went, 'ahhh Mecca'!

The Royal Oak is the pub you're thinking of.

We always have a few scoops there before the game and comment on the view. Especially on a nice day.

Still doesn't compare to the view from The Gardeners on Victory st though....with the only black spot there being the sight of the Osborne...:-)

1_barry_conlon said:
Pigeonho said:
Hmmm, was that pic taken from a pub by any chance? I went out with the mrs to some pub near the ground, a big pub which does an excellent carvery. The car park has the stadium in view just like this pic. When her uncle came out to go to his car he went, 'ahhh Mecca'!

We always have a few scoops there before the game and comment on the view. Especially on a nice day.

Still doesn't compare to the view from The Gardeners on Victory st though....with the only black spot there being the sight of the Osborne...:-)

That might be it, a Greene King pub if i'm right. Was a decent scran, really decent infact.

Pigeonho said:
1_barry_conlon said:

That might be it, a Greene King pub if i'm right. Was a decent scran, really decent infact.

It is the Royal Oak you're thinking of. Spookilly i had my dinner in there yesterday. There's one further down which is the Waggon and Horses and it gives a similar view,but has a frisky goat in the beer garden!

1_barry_conlon said:
Pigeonho said:

It is the Royal Oak you're thinking of. Spookilly i had my dinner in there yesterday. There's one further down which is the Waggon and Horses and it gives a similar view,but has a frisky goat in the beer garden!

Thats mad that how you had your dinner there yesterday. Might have a pop up there in the summer and sample the beer garden.

I prefer old grounds - those I've been to any way. I still prefer Maine Road to Eastlands even though I was clearly one of the benefactors of moving to Eastlands. And no, it's not just because I'm being nostalgic and I can't remember what it was like. I was a Gene Kelly regular at the end of Maine Road's life and I don't think there was a worst place in the ground as far as 'facilities' went. I just think Maine Road had character. Built within a stone's throw of terraced streets. Stands of different heights from different eras. Proper pubs around the ground.

SpiritofBurnden said:
danburge82 said:
Over here we've got the Riverside, St Mary's, Pride Park, KC, Brittania, Reebok, Walkers, Madjeski, etc dull, small, lifeless, boring, shit grounds (cost cutting in every area)! Even our ground looks really dull and boring from the outside and the big spikes look really dated like some eighties designed shit!

Not sure why you're including the Reebok Stadium, or your own ground for that matter. The Reebok is one of the more imaginatively designed new grounds. It was designed by the same architects responsible for the Emirates and the new Wembley. In fact i can't think of any other ground in this country that looks as distinctive.

lol the breezeblock is one of the most boring, cheaply made grounds in the country. only grounds worse are goodison (no everton, it isnt character, its just an old piece of unmaintained shite) and the DW (what self lovin twat names a ground after himself?). oh anw whoever desinged the nearby carpark needs shootin, impossible to get away unless you leave early

Pigeonho said:
1_barry_conlon said:

Thats mad that how you had your dinner there yesterday. Might have a pop up there in the summer and sample the beer garden.

I went clay pigeon shooting near there at weekend and sampled the pair of them when we finished, so both are recommended. Top pint of Marstons smooth in the waggon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.