Football is becoming more Show rather then Sport

Heidenreich

Team supported
City
Let's be honest with ourselves. Football is trying more and more to become a Show rather then Sport. The Interest of Football is going down, especially the younger People aren't that interested anymore in football.( Social Media and gaming )

The VAR and Refree tried everything to deny us the win, just to get a better Champions Battle for Sky. Formula 1 went the same Route where they bent the Rules just to give Verstappen the last lap to win the World Championship.

I don't know how should I feel about this Trend. Creating a artificial battle just to get viewers. In my opinion this is not Sport

Let's be honest with ourselves. Football is trying more and more to become a Show rather then Sport. The Interest of Football is going down, especially the younger People aren't that interested anymore in football.( Social Media and gaming )

The VAR and Refree tried everything to deny us the win, just to get a better Champions Battle for Sky. Formula 1 went the same Route where they bent the Rules just to give Verstappen the last lap to win the World Championship.

I don't know how should I feel about this Trend. Creating a artificial battle just to get viewers. In my opinion this is not Sport
I reckon there’s an element of coercion in every professional sport. I think there’s often a preferred outcome be it for the sake of competition of for financial gain and everything is done to achieve the preferred result. I think referees are advised pre game about the preferred result, I’d imagine certain players/managers are involved. I don’t think everyone is part of it but I definitely think that’s an element of trying to control outcomes.

Seems like they could've easily manipulated the Arsenal game in their favour the other week, if that was the intention. Not sure we need to be turning to conspiracy theories the first time we drop points in three months. If the officials have been trying to derail our season they've been as incompetent at that as they are at refereeing games

Calm down.
And sober up

Come on chaps. Seriously this is a little bit silly. Our fanbase is a lot lot better than this. We can draw games you know. The world is not always against us. We need to calm the fuck down. We will have another bash next week. We have amazing footballers at our club and the best manger that has ever graced football. We will work it out.

If you are going to be honest you have to look how entrenched gambling is in modern football. we are not talking a branch of William Hills stall in the east stand for a matchday bet anymore.

never been a gambler so I am a bit prejudiced I suppose but tbh I would ban all advertising of gambling on TV and online. Given the chance I'd go back even further and at least have it so you can't see into a betting shop via a window coz they try and make it loo attractive. Its also mad ASDA can't do you a special that allows you to buy a £5 four pack of beers for £4 but a gambling shop can say deposit £20 on line and play with £50.

Similarly - tobacco ads are now banned but there was a gradual wind down of advertising as they were not allowed to glamorise smoking ( eg the Marlboro Man ) yet they make out in TV ads that on line bingo is some sort of massive social club where everyone meets up and has a good time and isn't a depressed out of work bloke still not showered or dressed by 3pm playing bingo because he didn't win on the roulette.

All that and I don't have any negative family stories about gambling but I can see it preys on people and doesn't care - gamble aware is about as meaningful as drink aware - its a sop

Come on chaps. Seriously this is a little bit silly. Our fanbase is a lot lot better than this. We can draw games you know. The world is not always against us. We need to calm the fuck down. We will have another bash next week. We have amazing footballers at our club and the best manger that has ever graced football. We will work it out.

I am fine with it - I accept you can't win them all but there are certain conditions that are set in the game that are shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.