Football is Fixed Book 1 of 3

I bet the most frequent word in the book is that black bar to signal something's redacted.

You could argue he helped us win us our first title. He gave the club information regarding certain referees which were moved very quickly.

He's offered again after the scouse hacking and was turned down as the club wanted to create their own analytics system.

I suppose after this year's charade with regards to the title we'll see if that improves the current situation. I fully expect next season of EPLWWE will go to the rags.

How do we know about the removal or the reason ? What’s the official reason ? What do you mean our own analytics ? Why has it not worked onVAR

The problem with the website (and presumably the book) is there may be some nuggets of truth in there but they are hidden behind a smokescreen of craziness and gibberish. I have no doubt that corruption exists in British football (just like every other facet of life) but the problem is no one really knows the full extent of it. I think that books like this undermine the genuine concerns of many fans because they make it easier for the media to just dismiss legitimate issues out of hand.

Yep. A classic (usually right-wing) political move is to ‘flood the zone with sh!t’ (Trademark Steve Bannon), so that people don’t know what to believe, or detractors can easily dismiss things. As PB and others have pointed out, this guy is not a great communicator and mixes in too much chaff to make his real points clearly. Which is a shame, because some of it is undoubtably true.

Interesting piece in his latest missive, which is Chapter 5. He claims he's been told by "a senior source" that we had "leverage" at CAS (he doesn't explain what that means) which is how we were sure we were going to win. So we set people like Tariq Panja up for a fall.

Not sure I buy that. Panja didn't need any help from us.

Reactions: mat
Interesting piece in his latest missive, which is Chapter 5. He claims he's been told by "a senior source" that we had "leverage" at CAS (he doesn't explain what that means) which is how we were sure we were going to win. So we set people like Tariq Panja up for a fall.

Not sure I buy that. Panja didn't need any help from us.
Sounds like complete bollocks to me. Detracts from the bits that are true.

I find that when you actually get past his flowery writing style he promises to release a lot of 'killer' information but it never appears, it's always going to happen tomorrow.

All big companies in any field of industry are looking for leverage over competitors/governing bodies, so I don't see how we would be any different . Our management team in public are all smiles and openness but that doesn't mean that behind the scenes they are not amassing information that can be used in the future .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.