Football lawmakers to discuss increasing half-time to 25 mins

They must think we're all thick. We go to matches to freeze our bollocks off, piss wet through for two hours. Not to see another plastic rag **** miming their songs at half time.

The last time I actually hung about in the stands at half time there was some sort of ‘who’s the shittest dad’ competition where a bunch of blokes had to run up and down the pitch and make a twat of themselves in front of their kids.

I’d rather queue up in a futile attempt to get a balti pie and a pint of bleach now.

Would be a fantastic idea, ideally they could go further and split the game into 4 quarters and have a rule where you could bring on a player specifically to take penalties.

that's a bad a take as i've ever read on here.

Top marathon runners jog in a straight line. Footballers cover large distances with a ball, have to withstand tackles, run, jump etc.

They do this 3 times in a week.

The human body is pushed to the limit with this which is why injuries are so common.
I wish I could jog at almost 13mph in a straight line for over 26 miles, even though most road marathon courses include hills (up and down) and are meant to be testing. An ultra runner uses a marathon as a warm up - I met several international runners when I was an athletics coach who would have footballers gasping for breath after their training sessions alone. Yes, footballers experience tackles and get injuries, but so do elite athletes. As for 3 times a week, it would be a quiet week for them. Footballers run from 8 - 15 kilometres per match - 90 minutes. A marathon runner runs 40 kilometres in half an hour longer.
A nice jog indeed.

The thought of listening to Hugh Ferris and our PA announcer for another 10 minutes is enough to make me want to jack it all in now before it's implemented.

Would be a fantastic idea, ideally they could go further and split the game into 4 quarters and have a rule where you could bring on a player specifically to take penalties.
Oh God, yes please. The last bit anyway .....

That would finish me going. Make things go on too long especially for night matches. We don't all have a chauffeur-driven Bentley waiting outside.

Apart from that, I go to watch football - not shite 'entertainment'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.