Football lawmakers to discuss increasing half-time to 25 mins

Might give you a chance of actually getting served at the bar at City, I guess. Other than that it's a rubbish idea.

Imagine an 8pm kick off with a 25 min half time, added time and possible penalties in cup games. It would be midnight before anyone got home, loads more would be leaving early, esp if they were on public transport, nothing would be running. Wouldn't have thought 25 mins break would be good for players muscles either.

Back off us Yanks,
IFAB is comprised of the BRITISH FA's who have 4 votes and FIFA who represents the other 227 FA's who have 4 votes. Don't misunderstand me, I'm an FOC who remembers the game when there were no subs, the ball was a six panel leather rock, and when I first played the kit had no numbers just colors. With that being said, the Yanks are pouring £€$ into the Barclays PL via television revenue and it probably doesn't really fit into the nice tidy 2 hour television window per match that we are all so comfortable with.
I live in Philadelphia, where football Sundays have turned from a bus ride to the stadium at 12, a game from 1 to 4 home for dinner by 5. Now, it's set up the tailgate party at 6am in the car park drink until 1pm enter the game which now goes till at least 5pm, leave game sit in the car park drinking till empty and be home around 10pm.
SO, I trust that you can see that I agree with your sentiment regarding an extra 10 minutes of halftime, but don't paint all of us Yanks with the same broad (greedy) brush. Rant over. :-)
We are renting it to you you not selling it so you can fuck it up ; )

Who the hell are IFAB anyway?? I just want to get to the game as easily and quickly as possible, as close to kick off time as I can, then get home as quickly and easily as I can straight after the final whistle, with the minimum fuss and hassle Even those basic requirements are impossible at the Etihad. What is going to constitute entertainment for a diverse crowd anyway that everyone will enjoy? Vince Miller warbling? Races, kicking balls through hoops, acrobats, interviews with former players nobody can hear properly? Just fuck off

View attachment 30489
Thanks for posting that. Still laughing half an hour later. Genius

Who came up with this idiotic idea in the first place for consideration,might as well round it up to 30 mins and how about having 4 quarters instead of the 2 halves ffs ..

Fuck me, not another 10 minutes of sitting around moaning at the lack of fucking chips, the queue for beer and twats smoking in the toilets.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.