Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Unless absolute last resort cannot see our owners considering a legal solution because it now suits us to have FFP.
Why would we invite new money to invest opposing us when we had to struggle with FFP?
Just financial reason I suppose but that's what our owner is good at.

Legal action would be a last resort if we got a UCL ban that was deemed to be against our interests.

Sam Lee has just tweeted about CAS ruling in favour of Gala against Uefa trying to do them for ffp because they had already agreed a settlement like we did in 2014.

Now that Rui Pinto has been arrested and is facing extradition it will be interesting to see how this story develops. If City get punished by the game's authorities then it should be challenged in court and this character should be called as a witness, or as the accused himself.

As far as I remember we agreed to accept the UEFA sanctions but made it clear that in no way do we accept that we were in the wrong, or that their judgement was in accordance with the rules. This seems to have been done at least in part to make sure we don't fall into the trap you point out.
I wonder what terms were agreed in our settlement with UEFA.It's not unsual in these sort of cases for both sides to agree to take no further action against each other and some of the new allegations relate to the same time period we were sanctioned for last time. What a bloody mess. The only certainity is that the lawyers will all get richer over this one.

I wonder what terms were agreed in our settlement with UEFA.It's not unsual in these sort of cases for both sides to agree to take no further action against each other and some of the new allegations relate to the same time period we were sanctioned for last time. What a bloody mess. The only certainity is that the lawyers will all get richer over this one.
At least we can afford them!

Now that Rui Pinto has been arrested and is facing extradition it will be interesting to see how this story develops. If City get punished by the game's authorities then it should be challenged in court and this character should be called as a witness, or as the accused himself.

Maybe already posted, but here's an interview with Rui Pinto arrested in his Budapest appartment from early Feb 2019:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.