Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Seriously? that's crazy.

the so called punishments? facing manchester city ?? uefa are punishing city every season with the officials doing their best even VAR fucked us over ???? so the 10 months or so until we find out if manchester city are being ban from playing in europe or another £50million fine with squad reductions will be meaningless because we all know whats going on

funny thing somebody told me is ?? why don't the players union get involved when banning their parent club from playing in europe, and call a players strike ?? the man city players pay a players union fee each season,so why don't the other players back us on this because it could be them next

I would have thought the way to add up our owner's investment is by adding up
Cost of original purchase
Cost of Academy
Cost of all the losses from 2008 until we broke even
I was giving a net figure into the club, thus excluding the original purchase price which went to the shareholders. Otherwise, my figures include everything you mentioned, including accumulated losses.

Someone mentioned as long as 10 months away the other day!
Indeed it could. In fact I would say 10 months could itself be optimistic. Not only does the Adjuditory Chamber have to find in their favour, but CAS has to find City guilty. To do this UEFA will have to have proof confirmed by investigatory findings - not just email leaks. Indeed the whole of City's 100 page rebuttal document will have to be itself rebutted. On top of this UEFA's due process will have to be cast iron. UEFA cannot get this wrong or City could sue them for 100s of millions of £/€.

Last edited:
Indeed it could. In fact I would say 10 months could itself be optimistic. Not only does the Adjuditory Chamber have to find in their favour, but CAS has to find City guilty. To do this UEFA will have to have proof confirmed by investigatory findings - not just email leaks. Indeed the whole of City's 100 page rebuttal document will have to be itself rebutted. On top of this UEFA's due process will have to be cast iron. UEFA cannot get this wrong or City could sue them for 100s of millions of £/€.
Time is a major factor that suits our rivals, at the moment it is 10 months of uncertainty among our players and the players we go after, It is 10 months of our sponsors having a negative reaction on tv and it is 10 months of City being dragged through the mud, it is has and will cost City a fortune , so yes 10 months even without your excellent appraisal is a minimum even without charge

Time is a major factor that suits our rivals, at the moment it is 10 months of uncertainty among our players and the players we go after, It is 10 months of our sponsors having a negative reaction on tv and it is 10 months of City being dragged through the mud, it is has and will cost City a fortune , so yes 10 months even without your excellent appraisal is a minimum even without charge
Which is why this will go far beyond CAS and result in claims for restrictions of trade and defamation. Astronomical amounts that will force uefa to seek a compromise and slap us on the wrists. Problem is - the cartel have backed them into a corner now and want us punished unfairly or disproportionately. Major fck up by Uefa for being lent on and letting it get to this.

Which is why this will go far beyond CAS and result in claims for restrictions of trade and defamation. Astronomical amounts that will force uefa to seek a compromise and slap us on the wrists. Problem is - the cartel have backed them into a corner now and want us punished unfairly or disproportionately. Major fck up by Uefa for being lent on and letting it get to this.

Being doing a lot of reading on this and came across this article, it's really long but very interesting. I haven't had the time to follow up on it to find out what happened but I assume FIFA got their way or we would all be familar with it. The gist of the story is FC Sion tried to sue UEFA for banning them from European Competition, a local court in Switzerland agreed with Sion but UEFA just ignored them. Essentially they told the Swiss FA to sanction Sion or they would get FIFA to ban all Swiss teams from playing football at any level. They duly obliged with a 36 point deduction.

Now we aren't Sion and the FA/Premier league aren't the Swiss FA but my reading of it is we won't be suing UEFA regardless of outcome.

http://thestudentlawyer.com/2012/08/22/fc-sion-vs-the-world/

Being doing a lot of reading on this and came across this article, it's really long but very interesting. I haven't had the time to follow up on it to find out what happened but I assume FIFA got their way or we would all be familar with it. The gist of the story is FC Sion tried to sue UEFA for banning them from European Competition, a local court in Switzerland agreed with Sion but UEFA just ignored them. Essentially they told the Swiss FA to sanction Sion or they would get FIFA to ban all Swiss teams from playing football at any level. They duly obliged with a 36 point deduction.

Now we aren't Sion and the FA/Premier league aren't the Swiss FA but my reading of it is we won't be suing UEFA regardless of outcome.

http://thestudentlawyer.com/2012/08/22/fc-sion-vs-the-world/

It may be, of course, that Sion didn't have the financial muscle to take on FIFA and their own FA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.