Football Manager - Bluemoon FC - The new BM football club!

Blue Smarties

For those that missed my initial post click http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=192503&start=1080. Essentially as I'm pretty much doing college work this week from early till late the only free time I have on weekdays is pissed away on FM due to the unsocial hours so I've decided to set up a Bluemoon FC team and a mini update every so often (if you frequent FM sites you may know them as FM stories). The read may be a bit big for some as it's the first so it's the background, future updates will be extremely smaller. Please note if you want to be involved then post below with a position, we still need to build a squad. Currently got twelve, several more won't hurt. Anyway, here you go. Excuse any typos as I currently have four minutes to post this before some pedantic twat spots the image with the date on so I can't spoof read it! Moderators please don't merge with the other FM thread or these posts will be lost. Atleast give it a few days to see how much of a following it gets, if it's small then merge it.

Season One - Update One said:
Bluemoon FC

After finally discovering the last of BT's accounts Ric was finally able to relax and marvel at the wonderful creation he's made, that being Bluemoon forum of course. After an hour or two of actually being able to read many of the topics on the forum it finally sank in what his forum was. It wasn't the beautiful hub of tactical knowledge he thought it'd be, he finally realised that he'd created a monster. His beloved forum was simply a home for wind up merchants, wannabe anarchists, shitbags and 'men' with many love problems – probably due to the amount of time they spend trying to get a high post count on the forum. After another hour of browsing with an extra large box of Kleenex to wipe away the tears Ric decided to try and install some sort of footballing base to the forum. Having fined the moderators of a weeks wages for failing to stop BB2.0's fuckwittery he decided to set up Bluemoon FC with the spare £10,000,000,000,000 lying around in the moderator room.

Ric was shortly sending PM's to the best gardeners and contractors on the forum, informing them he had a big job lined up for them. He wanted them to produce the next Camp Nou. After many years of hard work Bluemoon FC's ground was finally complete and ready to host weekly games...

bluemoon_established.jpg

All Ric needed now was a league for his beloved football toy and of course, a squad of players and staff. Damocles was quickly tracked down and begged by Ric to use his magical computer skills to sort something out. After only thirty minutes of computer hacking, coding and what not by Damocles, Bluemoon FC were listed on the FA's database as a Blue Square Premiership club.

Word quickly spread on the forum that Ric was setting up a football club and needed players, a one man queue quickly formed outside Ric's office to sign up for a trial. After an intense thirty second trial the first player was signed for the club. Although the club didn't have any player lettering for the shirts the player insisted on holding a press conference with his name hand written on the shirt with a marker – no press attended.

bluesmarties_signs.jpg

With the squad currently only consisting of Blue Smarties it was quite obvious Ric needed to do some more scouting. After an hours rummage around the forum Ric stumbled upon a Ricster thread predicting the futures top talents and decided to hire Ricster as a scout, well with the threat of a ban Ricster had no other choice other than to accept the job offer which wasn't quite on par with the moderators in terms of wages. Ricster took it upon himself to search high and low across the forum to find the best talent around, after failing to find any talent whatsoever he decided to accept any donkey who could kick a ball. Having shelled out a few hundred to crizack for painting a “free beer to all aspiring footballers” sign due to the lack of trust in his own artistic skills, Ricster was finally starting to track down the sportsmen of Bluemoon. Eagerly reporting back to Ric with his findings Ricster was a little confused as to why Ric was so unhappy with the new recruits, apparently a seventy year old centre back with arthritis wouldn't cut it in a football league whatever the standard.

Following on from a week long 'debate' with Ricster about why a seventy year old centre back with arthritis isn't good enough, which resulted in a 24 hour ban for Ricster, Ric once again tracked down Damocles for use of his magical geeky skills. Once tracked down, Ric insisted Damocles hack the new recruits bodies and make them all young and fit seventeen year olds. After another 'debate' Ric finally gave in and accepted that even if you shove a computer wire up someone's nose it wouldn't make them hackable as they're still physically a human, not a computer. Ric followed the advice of Damocles and searched for buzzer1 and his alien friends. For the record, Ric attempted to ban Damocles however Damocles was somehow able to deflect the ban back upon Ric who found himself locked out of his very own forum for 24 hours.

Having served his 24 hour ban and making a mental note not to attempt to ban Damocles again, Ric found buzzer1 and his alien friends jousting with the non-believers in off topic. Ric begged buzzer1 and his alien buds to transform the new Bluemoon FC recruits into young and energetic seventeen year olds, they agreed to do so if Ric banned the non-believers. The non-believers were banned and Bluemoon FC were well on the way to taking on the Blue Square Premiership with force.

And so what we've all been waiting for, the Bluemoon FC team as it stands.

team-1.jpg

Haha, nice 1 mate. My dream came true. lol.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am --<br /><br />Can you do screenshots of our individual players if you have time? Be keen to see the attributes.

Haha that is brilliant I want to be a centre back and I can be a young 17 year old because I am one.

Also as ive got you added on steam noticed you do spend a lot of time on FM not as much as me though.

Quality.

Can I be included as an attacking midfielder. Not a lot of pace but great at corners/free kicks/set pieces.
Kind of a super sub role if you please....

cheers

Woo! The mighty Swede leading the front, a modern day Ibra if you will.

Anyway, great story mate. Very entertaining and I will obviously be keeping tabs on it.

One thing though. I tried to do a similar thing last year, just to see if it would work. Problem was that all the premier league clubs were trying to ease them away from the club and I ended up having to sell half my squad.
Don't know how to combat this unfortunately, but if it happens you know why. You might have to change the clubs status and finances, make them a massive team and have them all on huge contracts. Plus you could also put the club as each players favourite team.

Good luck lad!

Blue Smarties, that picture of you holding the shirt makes you look like the real deal, proper manager, no messing about! ;-)

Left back for me, hopefully I'll be flying down them wings putting cross' in and even having a go myself!

After a few games, tell us how you've done? :-)

Just finished some college work so I'll load up the editor now before I start working again later. I'll add you guys now and PM those who have asked to see the player stats. Will get another update up of how preseason goes after I've added these guys and that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.